Friday, July 09, 2010

Faith Art Friday - Give Thanks

Good Morning!! I'm so honored to work for a Christian stamp company such as Layers of Color. In case you didn't know, Fridays on the blog are set apart for "FAITH ART" by one or more of the design team. Today I have the honor of posting this card over there to share with all our LOC fans, and here is what I shared to go along with it. (There might be more Faith Art cards by some of my DT sisters posted there as well today, so be sure to pop on over and see!!)

Some of my favorite stamps to create with are birds... I think because they remind me how precious we are in God's eyes. They are so small, and yet God provides for them. Just think how much more He wants to give us what we need! And to think how beautiful these little creatures are... and yet He created US in His image! When I think about birds singing in the early morning, it reminds me of how God wants us to sing songs of praise to Him, and He gives us a fresh new start every day to do just that. We have a choice how we start the day... are we going to wake up grumbling because we have to go to work, or anticipating the kids fighting, the bills that need paid or the housework that needs done... or are we going to wake up being thankful for a new day and give God thanks for a new start and for His love that endures forever... no matter what our day brings, His love never changes! This verse I used on my card reminds me of a song by Chris Thomlin that I'd like to share with you...

Give thanks to the Lord
Our God and King
His love endures forever
For He is good, He is above all things
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise

With a mighty hand
and outstretched arm
His love endures forever
For the life that's been reborn
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise

Forever God is faithful
Forever God is strong
Forever God is with us
Forever
Forever

From the rising to the setting sun
His love endures forever
By the grace of God
We will carry on
His love endures forever
Sing praise, sing praise
Sing praise, sing praise


(here's an upclose shot at my flowers. I used stardust gellyroll pen to hightlight them and a champaign pearl in the centers.)

Thanks for poppin' by! I hope you'll come visit all of us at Layers of Color and see the beautiful artwork being uploaded to the Designers' galleries. You will be inspired!! =)


Tomorrow we will have another challenge up at Double Delight Challenges, so get your Designed 2 Delight image ready and join us!!

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the way you've framed this gorgeous bird!!!! Anoter beautiful card!
xXx

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is fabulous! I love your card and the way it has inspired you. Your words are so true and something for us all to ponder! Your DP is perfect and adds such depth to our card - you have created the perfect background for this gorgeous Layers of Color card! Thanks for sharing Kris - love it! What a blessing you are to the LOC DT!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Lori said...

Hey Kris! My comment is on LOC. Short as usual, but know how much I love this, and your faithful words!

Rose Ann said...

Oh wow...what a stunner this one is!! Love that gorgeous bird, your pretty papers, and the wonderful verse you've used!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

I ADORE THIS!!! IT's a STUNNING card, Kristine! I'm so sorry that I didn't get over here sooner. Forgive me. My guests are gone now and things are back to normal. The kids are off to camps next week, so I'll be able to get back to the studio and create. You've inspired me with this marvelous card! I LOVE IT!

The gals on SNR would love it too! (hint hint) Please share your LOC work with them, they LOVE the inspiration!

I hope your summer has had many joyous new memories for you and your lovely family!

Hugs!