Saturday, July 24, 2010

Double Delight #4, Buttons-n-Blue

It's Saturday which means 2 things... the end (yay) of a very long and busy week at our county fair ... and, it's time for another DOUBLE DELIGHT with D2D!!! We're on our 4th challenge at my (& my sister's) new challenge blog where we combine the weekly free digi from Designed 2 Delight with our own card challenge. You've GOT to see what Faith made with this digi--super cute spinner type card! There's alot of wonderful talent over at the Delightful Inspiration blog with Faith and her DT so definately hop on over and check out their cards as well and then come join in our challenge! =)

There's something NEW at D2D...

Delightful Rewards LOYALTY POINTS!! :)

Each $1 purchased at http://www.designed2delight.com/ earns you $.10 to turn into a voucher to spend on your next order. Your customer account keeps track of your points for you--all you have to do is spend them. :)

It's Kathy's turn to play hostess and she wants us to use this week's free digi, "Mice Day" and use buttons and a hint of blue somewhere on your card!

I made another card topper, and as you can see I separated my grass from the flower, and added a couple more peeking mice (flipping one of them horizontally). I also added pink glitter to the petals and yellowish green stickles to the grass ... still wet when I took this pic. The papers are from my July Key Ingredients kit from Taylored Expressions. I just LOVE this month's kit and it even comes with ribbons and twill, glitter and a glue pen!

And lastly... I'll leave ya with a couple pics of my li'l cowgirls playing at in their 4-H Family Hoedown band at our County Fair. :)


Thanks for dropping by! Hope you are enjoying your summer! *Ü*

19 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Wow sis, this tent topper is so cute. I never even thought to cut the grass apart from the flower. Awsome job. Luv ya:)

Sherrie Conner said...

Awesome Kristine! Love how you did EVERYTHING on your card! It is so sweet! :)

Faith S. said...

I love how you divided up the image and enlarged the mice and mirrored them!! I don't always take advantage of the benefits of digi stamps. WOW! LOVE it!!

Crystal said...

WOW Kristine this is WONDERFUL, LOVE everything about it!

dstandard said...

Too too cute - love how you used different sizes on this and added mice!

Lori said...

Your mice are so cute! Great pics of your girls, but I'm still not sure, are your header pics your girls or Kathy and you?

Sue from Oregon said...

This is delightful!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is so cute Kristine!! I love the little mice (although they freak me out in RL!) Your colors, stitching and details are gorgeous GF! Your girls look so sweet!! Looks like they were having fun!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

Kris, this card is awesome, love how you separated the image and printed more mice, very clever. Just a darling card! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL also!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oooh how adorable - LOVE the extra mice - they are toooo cute!
Fabulous job as always!
xXx

Jane said...

Your card is sooooo cute!!! I love the mice and the grass that you did. Very well done.
Hugs,
Jane

Grace said...

Oh this is so cute Kristine!!! I love how you separated the mice.... no idea how you did that!!! Love the pretty colors and the ribbon tag! Your kids are just adorable and I wish I could hear them too!!! I know I left a comment last night but it seems to have gotten lost so I'm back! :) Have a wonderful week my friend!!!

Kristen said...

Kris, super cute card....The girls look adorable!

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVE your card!! BEAUTIFUL job! Never thought about cutting it up! This card is just PERFECT! Great job!

Helen said...

I love what you did with this stamp!!! Adding extra mice is such a cute idea. You've got the cutest little cowgirls! I bet they are just awesome to be around!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What an adorable card Kristine!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Super cute card, Kristine!! The colors are marvelous and the layout and details make me squeak with delight!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

BTW, Your cowgirls are so lovely!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

AAwww...this is SO cute!