Saturday, July 10, 2010

Double Delight #2 - Emboss It!

Good morning! It's Saturday and that means it's time for a new challenge at Double Delight, so grab this week's Designed 2 Delight image, "VINO" and come join us!! I just have to say too that last week for our first challenge we had 31 players!! WOWIE! I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to have so many of you play along with us... THANK YOU!!

If you played along at D2D last week, then you were emailed this week's digi for FREE. If not, then you'll want to go buy it in the store and then come join us at Double Delight Challenges for a chance to win a Gift Certificate at the end of the month! (You can read all about how our challenge works on the DD blog.)

It's Kathy's turn to pick the challenge this week and when she saw this flower digi, she thought of embossing (any kind). Great time to use those neglected folders girls! (LOL - if you're like me anyway and gravitate to the designer paper instead of my folders!)

However, I just got this new Cuttlebug folder from McMahon Five Designs, and these new Nesties too, which I never knew until I put them together that the shape fits perfectly in the frame! OH, I also bought these Cuttlebug fancy corner dies as well. You'd think it was MY challenge so I could use all these new products, huh? LOL! (it wasn't!) But thanks Kathy!
EDITED TO ADD: My alma mater KL Stampin N' Scrappin is also having a Dry Embossing challenge this week
The yellow and black card was my second try. My first attempt was this white one below. I wasn't too happy with it although I do love white cards--gives an elegant feel to them, but maybe it was the real dark colors against the white? Anyway... here it is.
I hope you'll hop over to my sister's blog as well and leave her some "luv"-- and then join us at Double Delight this week!! =) We'd love to have ya play along!

Also, Designed 2 Delight has a forum over at Crafter's Digital Art Center and we've been having lots of fun chit chat and sharing of cards --- everyone's welcome! *Ü*

16 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Love both of these Kris - the white is classically beautiful and the yellow and black stunning! Hmmmm - more nesties and embossing folders to go on my wish list - LOL
xXx

Sue from Oregon said...

Both so very pretty!

Kathy Winter said...

Love them both Kris. The white looks so elegant *Ü* And the black and yellow is awsome.

Lori said...

Both are beauties! I do like the non-white one better as well. Not sure why exactly. Have a good one gf!

terrie said...

both of your cards are very nice...well done

Christine said...

Love both of your cards! Your coloring is beautiful!!!

xx

Faith S. said...

GORGEOUS cards!!! The first one is stunning, and I *LOVE* the white one!! Your coloring is wonderful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Kristine!!I love the colors,embossing,and the layouts on both of these equally stunning cards!!
They are both gorgeous and I don't know witch of them is my fav!!Stunning job on the coloring too!!
Hugs,
Chris

Rose Ann said...

Both are so pretty, and your coloring is remarkable as always!! Love your embossing and contrasting frames as well!!

dstandard said...

This is just gorgeous - love what you did with the embossed paper and the cut outs!

Helen said...

Both cards are beautiful! I think I'm partial to the white & purple one, though. I really like white cards!!! I think they are stark and elegant all at the same time! Have a wonderful day!

Risa said...

What a beautiful set of cards Kris! Your image is gorgeous and your detailing is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS!
hugs
Risa:)

Ceal said...

Beautiful cards Kris! thanks for joining us at KLSNS

Laura - Layers of Color said...

I love the different takes on these two cards, Kristine. The colors are dynamic and exciting in the first and more peaceful in the second. Excellently done!

Candace said...

Kris, both are beautiful!! I LOVE that embossing folder! I totally meant to play along last week and *slaps forehead* I just didn't get to it. Shame on me! But, I'm so glad yall had a good turnout! Praying for yall in this new venture! Hugs!

Kathy said...

Both are so pretty and very elegant. I love the sponging on the first one and the cool photo corners. The second one is so great with all the white, so crisp. Fab. coloring on both, they are wonderful!