Friday, July 30, 2010

DD5 - Make Your Own Embellishments

It's another hot Saturday here, but we're celebrating Christmas in July at DOUBLE DELIGHT this week! Designed2Delight is hosting the Make Your Own Embellishments Blog Extravaganza event for the next 2 weeks at CDAC, and you can go pick up a delightful new freebie there as well as see 9 different tutorials for making your own embellies.... so be sure to stop over at the D2D forum!

After seeing all the fabby tutorials over there, I thought I'd give you all another opportunity to try them yourselves, so that is my challenge at Double Delight... in addition to using this week's free digi, "Heartfelt Wishes" of course! Also, we have a winner!! Hop on over to see who it is!

I followed Kathy's chipboard embellishments tutorial to make my snowflakes.
I used a cereal box, snowflake Nestabilities, glitter and styrofoam balls (2 rubbed together for the white fluffy stuff--looks just like snow huh?).



Also, there's a new freebie opportunity at CDAC for getting 200 members at the D2D forum!! If you haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Follow me to the freebies!!

Other Challenges I'm entering this into are:
Going Grey with Scrap Creations: Christmas in July
Friday Sketchers

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

ADORABLE and FUN.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

How fun kris!! thanks so much for sharing the link! I'll have to get over and check it out.

Kathy Winter said...

Awww this is so awsome. I love the colors and the snowflakes are perfect. Great job Sis:)

Lori said...

My favorite part of this card is how you've outlined the snowman with the green!!!

Sherrie Conner said...

Wowzers Kris!! Your card looks fantastic! I love the pinks and greens!! Super pretty!!

Helen said...

I love your Christmas colors and those snowflakes are so awesome! I love this card!

Kathy said...

Kris this is SOOOOOO pretty. I love the color scheme you used, it is so unique for Christmas and so beautiful. I just love everything about this card, all the little details are perfect. I love the decorative stitching, too. I have never used that stitch on my machine, but need to try it now. This is just a WOW card!

Michele said...

Such an adorable card Kris. Hugs Michele x

Peggy said...

This is so cute. I love the non traditional colors you used. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

debby4000 said...

This is so lovely Kris.
luv
Debby

Michelle said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your colors on here!!! You picked 2 of my most favorite colors. Awesome job : )

dstandard said...

This is just awesome - love what you did with this!

Emily Painter-Davis said...

FANTASTIC!