Monday, July 05, 2010

Be Still and Know...

Morning!! Today's an observed holiday for us, so while the rest of the fam is sleeping in I thought I'd share a card I made using the gorgeous butterfly from Layers of Color's clear art set, "Butterfly Collector" (which happens to be my very first stamp set I owned), and the Basic Grey paper "Capella." The sentiment is a "plain Jane" stamp from Verve. They have lots of wonderful single stamps with verses. Speaking of which... I believe I hear something is in the works with verse images at Layers of Color! Shhhh, it's not official yet, maybe it's a rumor? If you have a favorite verse you'd like to see LOC come out with I'm sure Laura would love to hear about it! Just leave a comment on the blog =)

Anyway, here's a closer up picture of the butterfly. I prolly should've left some white border all around it so it stands out a bit more, but anyway, can you see the glittery dots in the middle of her? The light captured half of it anyway, LOL!
This would make a nice card to give someone who is just needing to feel God's presence. Someone who might need comfort and just know that God is there for them.

I love creating with Scripture... so much of it is so relevant and can touch a heart in the subtlest or most profound way. I know I've received cards or letters of encouragement right when I needed it, and I know God used that person to speak to me. And other times I am prompted to send a card to someone else, maybe I don't even know WHY I'm sending it but the Lord wanted me to do it. One time when I did that, a lady (new to our church) broke into tears and told me all about her abusive life with her boyfriend, living in a camp trailer with her 3 kids and how 2 of them had broken arms at the same time (because of this abusive boyfriend) and she didn't have a job and didn't know what to do or where to go. I'll never forget that. She said my card assured her that God is present in her situation and until that point, she had a hard time knowing if God even cared about her life. But she said that THAT day, she felt God's presence and she knew she needed to take her kids and leave. I told her about the Gospel Mission in town that houses the homeless for a brief time, until they can get on their feet. I'm very happy to say that today she and her 3 kids are in a low-income house that only requires $110 per month and that is being covered! I don't say all this happened because of a card. But it happened because of GOD and the fact that He used a simple Faith card to minister to this lady's heart. Just goes to show you that you may not know WHO you are making a card for, or WHY someone may need it... but the things of God surpass our own understanding... His ways are High above ours and He can and does work through those who trust in Him.

So I encourage you to be sensitive to what the Lord is telling you as you create. He can use even the smallest gesture such as a greeting card to touch the life of someone who needs Him!

10 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Kristine! Oh gf, I love this card!!! This paper is my favorite and your pretty butterfly just really captures the eye and the verse is a wonderful one for so many needs! You are so right about being sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in sending cards, notes of encouragement and meeting other needs. I fully believe God prompts us in these things often... be we need to be listening! God bless your ministry to those around you!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Lovely Linda said...

What a fabulous testimony Kris -a card can be a vessel for God to touch a life asnd your story definately shows that! Well done for being obedient! I love those delightful card - your DP is fabulous and I love the butterfly - your colouring is divine!! Beautiful verse and perfectly framed in the Nestie!! What beautifully shared art and 'heart' Kris - you are a blessing my friend! {{{hugs}}}

JaniceAileen said...

Wow, what a powerful story of God's faithfulness to us! Thanks so much for sharing that. The card is just gorgeous! You colored the butterfly splendidly and the overall design is just lovely--reminds me a little bit of a garden in the woods. :)

Kathy Winter said...

Gorgeous card Kris! I love the dp and the butterfly is beautifully colored.

MaxineD said...

Beautiful card, Kris, and awesome testimony of God's faithfulness - and your obedience too. So often we let the clamour of the world in over the still small voice of God. Thank you for sharing.

Christine said...

Beautiful card and such a beautiful story!!!

xx

MariLynn said...

Kris, this is fabulous. I love how you left a little white as highlights on the butterfly. Thanks for sharing the testimony about one of your Faith cards. Such an encouragement!!

JaniceAileen said...

Forgot I wanted to comment on my ABSOLUTE EXCITEMENT at LOC coming out with verse images!!!! So exciting!!

Rose Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Kristine!! I love that scripture and the beautiful papers you've used as well!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

This card is GORGOEUS!!