Sunday, June 06, 2010

SSCC #42 & LOC Sneak Peek

Here's a card I made for today's Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges. My sister Kathy is hostess this week and she'd like to see us using animals on our projects. You'll have to hop on over to the SSCC blog to read the verse she chose and see the Design Team's fabby creations! =)

I'm giving you a li'l sneak peek at another new ART STENCIL coming out on June 14th at Layers of Color! This is called Delicious Dots. I sponged it with turquoise and brilliant blue classic inks. The birds and eggs are from LOC's Backyard Birds set, and the li'l chic is from Rise & Shine.

Speaking of birds, while I was out walking yesterday, I came across a killdeer who layed some eggs on our old dug up road. These are basically prairie birds and their eggs look like rocks.
I haven't seen many killdeer around here, until about a week ago when we noticed this mama. They are funny birds and their natural instinct is to pretend to have a broken wing to lure you away from their eggs. (You can see that the mama made a nest made of little rocks next to a big one for protection.) Then when you follow it away they squawk like they are so proud of themselves for tricking you, and then run back to sit on their eggs. We've seen them do this--pretty funny, but I just hope they survive the deer we have here. Lots of tracks near them.
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you'll hop on over to SSCC Blog and join in the challenge this week!

11 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Aww thanks sis, your card is so beautiful. I love the blue and white. Killdeer are such interesting birds for sure. We have some out at the coast.

Lori said...

Cute card! Love the Delightful Dots and pretty birds. Thanks for the pics and info. about the Killdeer, interesting!

Lovely Linda said...

i Kris - how cute is your new Blog Skin - love it! You KNOW I love your card - the Art Stencil looks fabulous - perfect colours for those adorable images, it is fabulous Kris! Thanks for the photo of the bird and it's eggs - it is the first time I have seen this bird - great you had your camera! Thanks for sharing and all of the inspiration! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

peggysue said...

What a neat picture of the bird's eggs, I haven't seen a killdeer before either! Although we have a suburb near us with that name, I bet that bird was the inspiration. You always do such a lovely job coloring in those LOC birds.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

How totally >DELIGHTFUL< Kristine!!! Oh, I just LOVE it!!!

A Killdeer...wow, I've never seen one, and eggs too, that's such a treat to find! Thank you for sharing! We recently had a Black Capped Chickadee nesting in my kitchen window flower box. All four babies flew the nest just the other day. I sure miss their little fuzzy heads! lOL!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

OH, one more thing...I love your new blog look!! Thank you for the scrolling ad...you should charge me! LOL! You're the BEST!!!

Becky said...

This is so tweet.. Love the colors.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love your tweet card!! Great colors and design my friend!!That speckled dp is so fun with your coloring!! I am so glad to see you playing in this week's challenge. You sure have been missed!! Your new blog look rocks. Want to change mine. LOL!

Grace said...

Oh Kristine this is fabulous!!! I love it!!! Love all the little birds and what you did with the stencil! LOVE your photos too!!! How special!!! Love your scrolling ad! How'd you do that? You techo you!!! LOL! Awesome kristine!!!

Randi said...

I an LOVING those new stencils from LOC and what a cute way of displaying it! Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.

theneon said...

Kris you've done a wonderful job with the colors and images you used for your sister's challenge. And, thanks so much for showing the kildeer and eggs -- what an amazing sight for a "desert dweller."