Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Scrap-Creations BG & D2D Challenges

Here's a little card I made today for Scrap-Creation's Basic Grey Challenge #14 (Birthday card), and also for Faith's Designed 2 Delight, using this week's free digi! I used my new pad of "Capella" Basic Grey paper, along with Blush Blossom cardstock, and a couple other newbie colors that I don't know the names of. I also made this for my "sister challenge" with Kathy which was to combine these 2 challenges and see how our cards came out differently. It's funny cause a lot of times we think so much alike when it comes to crafting, so we get a kick out of it sometimes. You can check hers out at the link above. ☺

By the way... Kristen is having a "card drive" so-to-speak on her blog for 2 amazing kids who could really use a smile in a card right now. Please hop on over to her blog and consider sending a card or two (or more) and enter to win her big blog candy!!

Also... Layers of Color is having a drawing going on all week to win all 7 new ART STENCILS! I know they were having troubles with their site earlier today, but it's back up now, so be sure to stop over cause it will be sooo WORTH IT! *Ü* We're also having lots of FUN sharing sneak peeks and chatting in the LOC group at SNR... come join the fun!

11 comments:

Helen said...

This is so beautiful! I love how you tied the dp together with ribbon! That is such a cool idea!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy Winter said...

oh Kris, I love it. The way you tied up the sides like that. and the circle frame around the flowers, awsome. I so Love it!!

Candace said...

This is gorgeous, Kris!! I love that lacing technique! I made a card today, too with the D2D freebie. I am going to post mine tomorrow.

Candace said...

By the way, when you get a chance, will you email me and let me know how you got your comments to be numbered? I've always wanted to number mine...

Lorie said...

I completely love this! The corset look of your stitching is so neato!

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS Kristine, I LOVE how you did your ribbon and the framed image is GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey this week sweetie!

Basement Stamper said...

wow, the coloring on this is amazing! Great card and so different than your sister's. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey this week!

Michelle said...

Hi Kristine! Thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog! Glad you like your freebie, I just posted another one!:) I hope you will join us for our challenge this week, we would love to have you!! Your blog is adorable! I love the birdies!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle

peggysue said...

Look at how you stitched up the sides of that card, wow! So creative always!

Peggy said...

This is adorable. I love how you tied the ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Kristen said...

Kristine, this is one gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with Going Grey this week.