Monday, June 28, 2010

New Challenge Blog!!

Happy Monday!! Today's a very happy day because my sister Kathy and I have been working on a new challenge blog and are going LIVE with it today!! It's a DOUBLE challenge with a "DELIGHT"FUL twist!! If you've been following my blog for very long, you'll know that for the last few months, Kathy and I issue a weekly "sister challenge" between us using our FREE digis from Designed 2 Delight! So... we just thought that maybe other D2D fans might like to get in on the challenge as well. Don't worry, this is IN ADDITION TO Faith's D2D challenge and you are encouraged to link your challenge cards in BOTH places!! Faith is very sweet and supportive of this new challenge blog, so we're all very excited.
It's a bit different, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised and excited too because there are FREE DIGIS involved--who doesn't love freebies?!! I don't want to give too much away, so you'll just have to HOP ON OVER to Double Delight and see what's it's all about!! =)

Kathy challenged us to make a birthday card with this week's Beary Big Gift digi. I also used this week's Sweet Stop sketch.
I used the paper tole technique to pop up layers of the bear to make him 3D.
(3-layers high)

Thanks for dropping in! Hope you'll come check out the Double Delight blog (we worked real hard on it) *wink*

16 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Love it Kris. 3D is perfect for this image. Your coloring is FAB as always. Luv ya *Ü*

Crystal said...

Oh wow this is such a SWEEET card...I LOVE this image!!!! Awesome work Kristine!

terrie said...

awesome card..love the 3-D effect..well done

Helen said...

I love your card!!!

Candace said...

I love your card! The 3D elements look so great!

Lori said...

Love this Kris! Paper tole is so cool, and you are so good at it.

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous card - the 3D effect and those fabulous DPs work sooo well in your layout!
xXx

Sherrie Conner said...

Fantastic card and challenge blog! I will try to play this week too! Love your coloring!!

Sassylassy said...

Ahhh... what a little cutie pie!!! I love how you layered him.
Hugs Bonnie

Grace said...

This is just too cute Kristine! I love the papers and that tape measure twill is perfect! Great idea to paper tole the adorable bear! Best of luck on your fun new venture with this challenge! I sure wish my sister had time to stamp.... it would be so fun to share this with her!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Jenny said...

This is so cute! Love it!! :) :) :) :) :)

Kathy said...

Adorable, love all the popped up elements, such a cute card, Looking so forward to you new challenge blog!

dstandard said...

Fabulous!

Diane said...

Awwwww!!! Cute!!! I'll have to play that challenge one of these days!!!

Rose Ann said...

That bear is so cute, and I love the dimension!! Wonderful papers too!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

How exciting, Kristine!!! WooHoo! Sounds like so much fun! What a special thing to do this with your sister! I'll pop on over!

I adore your card! Cute and so beautifully made with the pop ups!