Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mice Wishes & a Sister Challenge

Hello! Hope you're having a great weekend so far? I sure am enjoying the warmer weather here (nice to get the kids outside too!) My card here uses this week's free digi from Designed 2 Delight's progressive challenge, called "Mice Wishes." Also, in case you missed out on the FUN over at Crafter's Digital Art Center last week, it's a new forum just for DIGI Companies!! Faith of D2D has a group over there and has posted a new digi for getting 100 members (and will post a new digi when we hit 200) so I invite you to come on over and join the fun!! ☺

Ok, now for my "sister challenge" (with Kathy) she got to make up the challenge this week, which was to combine our D2D image with a recipe challenge:
  • 1 Designer Paper
  • 2 images
  • 3 embellishments

I used a DP from my Basic Grey pad, "Max N Whiskers", and for my 2nd image I doodled and added a hand-written sentiment ("HB" for Happy Birthday) and the 3 embellies are my brown crocheted flower (TE KI Kit), a button, and an embroidery floss bow. ☺ I admit, I might have stretched the requirements a tad, but hey... this was my 3rd attempt!! OK, now head on over to Kathy's blog and see how hers turned out and leave her some luv!!

** Just a reminder that Layers of Color is having a drawing RIGHT NOW to win all 7 new ART STENCILS and the winner will be announced on Monday, 14th at our New Release Party/Blog Hop!! I have a fun project to share for the hop, so I hope you'll join us for all the festivities!!

9 comments:

Kathy Winter said...

Aww how sweet. I love this card. Great coloring on the mice. I never even thought to do a brown one. Great choice!!

Faith S. said...

Adorable!! LOVE it! I love the colors, the doodles, and the checks! So cute!

Grace said...

Awww... so fun Kristine! Love the image and the texture and fun layout!!! Your little mouce is so cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

so very cute...love how you doodled around the edges!

Lori said...

Very cute, Kris! I like the doodling, but calling it a 2nd image is a bit of a stretch, bwahaha, *wink*.

Diane said...

How cute! Love the colors and the embossing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun to have a challenge with Kathy!! My sister stamps also and it is so fun to share a hobby. As a nurse and Mom however she has little time for this sort of thing.

Your Mouse is so darlin!! Love the HB you added and your coloring and design!! I have the embossing folder and rarely use it. You did an awesome job with it!

Have a great rest of the weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

AWW Kristine this is soooo cute, Don't you just LOVE this dp....OMG I LOVE your embossing and darling image!! Your layout is fantastic!

~Michelle~ said...

this is so cute...fun doodling! :)