Friday, June 04, 2010

LOC Sneak Peek - Elegant Touch

Happy Friday!! I have a fun Christmas decoration to share today using the Elegant Touch Art Stencil, which will be released on June 14th! You will have a chance to win all 7 stencils starting June 7th on the LOC Blog. The winner will be announced at the release party on the 14th. If you play along in our blog hop on the 14th, I will be giving away some stencils right here on my blog as well! =)

I layed the stencil on top of some green/white DP and sponged Artichoke classic ink over it. Then carefully cut around it and layered onto red c.s. My picture below shows the gold glitter dots I doodled on the red. Then, I cut out the Label 1 Nestie shape out of both layers and created a frame out of gold metallic c.s. to mount on the front. Then I stamped a reindeer from the Reindeer Waltz set onto another Nestie cut-out and added red glittery gel pen for highlights and sponged in green and then hung using a large jump ring.


Stop by my DT sisters' blogs for more sneak peeks & inspiration!!
-------------------------------------------------------

I've been reading this book
"Quiet Moments for a Woman's Heart: experiencing the peace of God's presence every day" and thought I'd share a bit with you this part on Solitude.

Susan Taylor says, "We need quiet time to examine our lives openly and honestly... Spending quiet time alone gives your mind an opportunity to renew itself and create order." One of the BEST things we can do for ourselves as women is to save some time for a little silence in our day. Not always easy... especially with young kids at home. But if you can manage just 10-15 mintues a day to truly relax, clear your mind of all your schedules and to-do lists... God will meet you in your solitude. He will give you a new perspective, refresh your mind, and give you the fuel to get through whatever the day brings.

"Practice the art of aloneness and you will discover the treasure of tranquility. Develop the art of solitude and you will unearth the gift of serenity." -William Arthur Ward

This is something I have to practice. I'm the type of person who doesn't enjoy "quiet" (most of the time). I will play music or turn the t.v. on when I'm alone just so I don't feel alone. But it's how you use your "alone time" that makes all the difference. Will you be bored and immediately try to find something to fill your time? Solitude can be your best companion, because in the stillness of your heart, you can allow God to restore and renew your mind, heart and soul.

Richard Foster says this about solitude: "Loneliness is inner emptiness. Solitude is inner fulfillment. Solitude is a state of mind and heart." I hope to find time each day to relax and just "be."

"How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings."
Psalm 36:7

9 comments:

Lorie said...

Your ornament is beautiful Kris! I "found" some quiet time while soaking in the bathtub last night and it was truly wonderful. I do admit, though, that I need to take more time to just be with the Lord to listen to what he is trying to tell me. Have a wonderful weekend!

Crystal said...

WOW Absolutely GORGEOUS ornament Kristine...BEAUTIFUL WOWZA!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

This is one of your most amazing creations, Kristine! It's gorgeous in every way! Your talents shine with this fabulous project! Thank you!

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew 6:6

Yes, this is a true discipline isn't it? My heart feels God's gift of peace when I do.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh my so BEAUTIFUL

Grace said...

Oh Kris... this is just amazing!!!! I love how you made this ornament!!! You are so clever!!!! Love the exurp from the book too!

Be still and know that I am God! So true!!!

Thanks for all those extra comments on my blog! LOL! I'll take them any way I can get them these days... blogland is so quiet! Hope all is well with you my friend!!! Sending hugs!
Grace

Gina said...

This is so pretty! I love what you did with the stencil and I have to thank you so much for sharing what you did out of that book! I try to do that everyday, but it was a very good (and timely!) reminder. Thanks for allowing God to use you to minister to me. :)

Sassylassy said...

Wow Christmas in June that's awesome! Your stencil work is really cool the ornament you created is beautiful!
I love the quotes you shared on solitude. I enjoy sitting on my porch swing in the peaceful moments I steal in the early morning. It is a blessing that I developed the skill for being along in silence, at one time I was not able to. Thanks again Kristine you are such a darling!
Hugs Bonnie

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - I am glad to be back and able to see what you have been up to!! I love this - what a gorgeous Christmas decoration you have made! I love the way you have used the Art Stencils and that gorgeous reindeer - you are so inspirational with your Layers of Color creations! Thanks for sharing Kris - you are a blessing! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Kristine!! I just love your ornament!! What a creative use of the stencil and a great idea!! That reindeer and the colors are perfect. you are so inspiring!
hugs,
Chris