Monday, June 07, 2010

Happy Birthday Kathy - LOC Sneak

Today is a very special day--it's my sister Kathy Winter's birthday so I'm joining the girls at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges in a birthday blog hop for her!
I hope you're hopping along with us because we are giving her a "virtual birthday party" - each of us are bringing a surprise "gift." Let me tell you about my card first though. ;)

I've made (and sent) this card using a new ART STENCIL from Layers of Color, which will be released on June 14th. This one is called Natural Flourish. I also used the little flower from Nature Walk and the musical butterfly from Joyful Noise clear art stamp sets. I love how easy these stencils are to use!! You can sponge lots of colors on them to give interesting effects. I hope Kathy's birthday is as wonderful as she is!! (Love you sis!)

And now... I have a surprise of a lifetime! My gift to Kathy is a Caribbean Cruise!! I know how much you want to go on one, so I hope you'll put on your (virtual glasses) new swimsuit & enjoy your wonderful sunny vacation! Hope you don't get sea-sick like I would! LOL.

I also have another gift that I gave her (IRL) that I'll be sharing with you soon-- it uses yet another couple of art stencils from Layers of Color and I'll give you a little hint... it's a cardboard-turned-pretty gift! LOL. Stay tuned for that!

Next stop on this birthday hop is Lovely Linda!!

12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt - you are such a generous sister! I am sure Kathy will love this! Your card is fabulous Kristine - you are using those stencils so beautifully! Love the colours and those flowers too! I have a little something on my Blog for you!! Thanks for sharing my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Oh wow... what a great sis you are Kristine! Your card is gorgeous~~~ that filmy butterfly is the perfect touch!!! I know Kathy will love her gifts IRL and this virtual gift cruise! How fun!
Hugs,
Grace

Candace said...

I just wish we could all go on the cruise, too! It looks wonderful! Your card is so beautiful, Kris! I'm glad you joined us today!

Kathy Winter said...

Aww thanks sis!! Would you like to come on the cruise with me...OH that's right you'll get sick...LOL!! Well good thing it's virtual then=) I love the gifts, thank you so much. The card is gorgeous, I wish everyone could see it IRL. Thank you!!

Crystal said...

OMG totally GORGEOUS creation Kristine!! WOW!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Beautiful card Kristine and the gift....WOW! A cruise, how fab is that! Too bad I get sea sick too....only on cruises though!! LOL
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh wow! I love the sneak peeks for the stencils! GORGEOUS card!

Diane said...

Oh wow Kristine! Super duper gorgeous!
I wish my sis would send me on a cruise,lol!
I'm sure your sis enjoyed your gifts !!!!

Diane said...

I forgot to ask,which punch is that? It's gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

The card is gorgeous Kris!! I just love your use of the stencil and the added roses!! So elegant!! The cruise looks like fun!! I, however, won't be trying that in my lifetime. I get sick in the passenger seat of a car for even a ten minute ride...
hugs,
Chris

peggysue said...

Wow what a gorgeous sneak peek, that is one lovely birthday card! And I hope she has a lovely cruise . . . you should go with. She might need a lifeguard! :)

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Beautiful card! Love the flourish, the butterflies and the flowers!

Gunn