Tuesday, June 22, 2010

D2D Sister Challenge

Sing Unto the LORD a New Song!! Welcome to my Tuesday post ☺ My sister Kathy and I have challenged each other once again to use our Free weekly digi from Designed 2 Delight along with our own challenge for each other-- "FANCY FOLDS", which is basically anything but your typical side or top fold card.

I made, well.. not sure what you'd call this cause I don't think it's a gate fold, but anywho... I made a birdhouse card where the bottom folds up and the top folds down over the bottom and to keep it that way I added some fasteners.

It took me a couple tries to get this template right--I just made it up myself as I went along. For the roof, I ran a piece of chocolate c.s. through my Cuttlebug with the Tim Holtz wood embossing folder. I cut the hole using my circle Nesties, and decorated the inside (and out) with my Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions. I printed the sentiment using my computer. Here it is if you'd like to click on it and save it for your own use.
Be sure to pop on over to Kathy's blog and see what "Fancy Fold" she used with this digi!

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Kristine what a WONDERFUL design creation gf!! SUPER cute birdhouse and love the image!! Great work girl!

Grace said...

Wowza! You are so clever Kristine! I'm loving this neat fold you came up with and the sentiment is beautiful! What font is that??? Is it a special program? Wow!!! There's no end to your talent, my friend! Hope all is well with you!

Rose Ann said...

That is soooo cute and clever, Kristine!! I totally LOVE it!!

Helen said...

This is awesome! You're so creative & talented!

Kathy Winter said...

Awwe, so cute Kris. I love it!! I love that font too. What is it?

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Such a tweetly delightful card, Kristine! I love how clever and pretty it is! Wonderful!!

Lori said...

Love your fancy fold! This turned out fabulous, Kris!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Woww, this is very pretty, girl!! Love the fold, different cut, etc. Hugs, Kel

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh you are just toooooo clever Missy! LOVE it!
xXx

Sassylassy said...

Hi ya honey bunny! What a wicked cool bird house card. I love it!!! I love the little tweets coming out of the little birdies wips! LOL Awesome job and very creative. I'll have to go take a peek at your competition.
Hugs Bonnie

Sassylassy said...

Oh and by the way your blog looks awesome!!! :o)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I have missed some neat projects and cards while I was away!! Love your coloring and this fun fold. You are such an inspiration!
hugs,
Chris