Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shake, Shake Your Tail Feathers

What a cute digi this is! I was so pleasantly surprised to have won 3 free sets from Shawne's new digi store, Studio 313!! This was one set I chose, called Feathered & Fabulous Lou Lou, and it has SIX different sentiments, so very versatile! She invited me to enter her challenge too, so I took her up on that today. It's called The Studio 313 Hotspot and is an Inspiration Challenge where she shows a picture of some of the Hottest Trends (ie. home decor... jewelry, etc). This week is bold colors and patterns, inspired by this picture:
I had some hot pink and yellow feathers from my craft bin, so I wanted to work those into this fun card. I also added clear stickles to the flower centers and her pearl necklace. OH WAIT... not pearls, okay, her Diamond necklace, LOL!! (whatever) it's sparkly anyway! The pinks actually match better IRL... but for some reason my camera kinda distorted it just a tad. Anyway, thanks again Shawne for some fabulous new images to work with!

15 comments:

Candace said...

Kris, this is the CUTEST!!!!!

Basement Stamper said...

I'm shaking my tail feathers at how darn cute this is!!! Love the bright colors.

Helen said...

Oh! This is so awesome! I love the bright colors & feathers! So cool! And this bird is soooo fun! Love it!
Blessings!
~H

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,i love your image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kathy Winter said...

LOVE it!! such a cute image and bright colors. You did an excellent job on this card Kris:)

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Kris, this is so fitting to the name....FABULOUS....love the way you colored her, the pretty dp and those feathers are awesome!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Studio313 Hotspot!
Hugs,
Charlotte
studio313 DT

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Kristine...you really made LouLou look FAB!!! I'm loving the bright feathers and those stick pins too! You are awewsome for playing with us...thank you so much and enjoy your wonderful images!
Jen
Studio 313 DT

Nikki Schmaltz said...

WOW! I LOVE the feathers. This rocks! Thanks so much for sharing this and taking part in our challenge. GREAT card!

Lori said...

Cute! Love the feathers!!!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww so cute Kris - love the feathers - you gotta LOVE Shawne's images!! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Shawne said...

Hey Kristine!!! I am soooo excited you played!!!yay! This is GRRRREAT! I enlarged so I could see all of the sparkly details and thed white highlights, they make the coloring look wonderful, sorry I just saw it but at least it was fun getting to read your comments! :)TFS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kristine!! You sure did Shawne's image proud!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! You rock girl!! Love the feathery textures you added!
hugs,
Chris

Diane said...

Congrats on your winnings!
What a cute bird! Love his feathers!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh, this is toooooo cute!!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just AWESOME - how can you NOT smile when you see it!
xXx