Friday, May 28, 2010

Scrap Creations Challenge & M5D Sale

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

Lots of peeps go camping this weekend, but not us--we avoid traffic and crowds whenever possible, LOL. But my youngest DD's birthday is Monday so we're having a little party for her. We will also be taking fresh cut flowers up to the cemetery (sometime this weekend) for all my hubby's family members, including his dad whom we lost about a year and a half ago. He was a WWII vet and a true hero.

Speaking of HEROs, you can pick up this awesome "Hero" poem at McMahon Five Designs FREE! Here's what I made with it.
But what's great is that this poem would fit ANY hero... including a dad for instance for Father's Day! I used some brand new Cherry Wood from M5D as well and it is awesome to work with! Sue is just the sweetest and she sent me a couple of sheets of this stuff to work with. I just wish I would've come up with something to show off the wood better! =) Here's a picture of the wood before I cut it up:

McMahon Five Designs is offering 15% on everything in the store starting now through Monday!! Just use the code "memorial" during checkout (does not include gift certificates).

I am entering this card in Kristen's Going Grey Challenge #12 which is to use the following sketch along with your Basic Grey papers (of course!)

The navy paper on my card is from the Marrakech collection, and the red is from Indian Summer.

Come on over and play! You have until Monday to enter to win a $15 GC to Stampotique Originals!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is FABULOUS and that wood looks amazing.....I love this card!!! Love your cute blog and wonderful creations!! Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
xx

Lori said...

Spectacular, Kris! Oh, I am loving your new look here, btw, :-]

Peggy said...

This is a great card. I love the poem and how it is the main part of the card. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Nine said...

Très joli, bravo.

Basement Stamper said...

Wonderful card and that is wonderful that you are able to flowers up to the cemetary! Have a safe weekend! Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-creations this week!

Mary C said...

What a wonderful card you created. That poem is so lovely and works perfectly with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Kristen said...

Hi Kris,
I love the new blog look. It looks fabulous. What can I say WOWZERS your card is fabulous. I love the way you used the sketch, and the colors....LOVE IT!!! Thanks for playing with us over at GOING GREY with Scrap-Creations....

Kathy Winter said...

Love this one Kris. That wood paper is gorgeous!!