Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here Fishy, Fishy!!

Happy Thursday!! It's an awesomely nice day out today... sunny and 72 degrees! *Ü* Needless to say I'm not inside crafting, but I wanted to quickly post this card I made last night, using Fancy Fins, (McMahon Five Designs) along with this cat* stamp I've had for years (see note below). The cardstock and paper is from one of the KI kits at Taylored Expressions (Feb. was it?)

The cat's head is flat on the polka-dot paper and the green layer with the fish and paws is popped up with dimensionals. I added crystal effects to the bubbles, and dew drops to the corners of the green. That's it! Thanks for dropping in =) I'm going back out to pull out some dead shrubs. They hit rock and won't grow :( The bad thing about the high dessert... things don't grow well here, and there's tons of rock! Instead of a front lawn we have a rock garden. LOL. Anyway, hope the weather's nice where you are!!

*EDITED TO ADD: Looking back at my past posts with this kitty, it's from Eureka Stamps, however I can't seem to find it on their website now, so it might be retired. Sorry! If any of you find it please let me know and I'll link it up! However!! M5D has other digis like a cat and this fish bowl, and a puppy and this fishy bowl as well as this fish by itself (w/o bowl), and lots more! You should check those out. ☺

14 comments:

wendyp said...

this is the cutest thing!!! Love your coloring!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just the most creative card...darned cute! Love the sentiment you used as well!

Debbie Pamment said...

Cute Cute Cute - nope - fantastic!!! I saw this little snippet on my sidebar and popped straight on over to see it bugger and better - WOW this is sooo much fun!!! And all that loverly green - yummmmmm (no pun intended I just like green - LOL).
AWESOME job Kris!!!
xXx

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

hahahaha too fun and cute!

Rose Ann said...

This is too cute, Kristine!! Your coloring looks absolutely amazing as well, girl!!

Diane said...

Aha!!! Love this card Kristine!
That fish is beautiful!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Aw, what a purrfect card! You're so creative, Kristine! And those colors, wow, they're wonderful!

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Love this!!! Got a good giggle out of this one!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Awesome coloring on your tropical fish! :) I have seen this kitty stamp before, and it is always cute!! GREAT card and good luck with your gardening. Hugs, Kel

Grace said...

Kristine this is soooo cute!!! I just love it and fully identify with it as I have a cat... Used to have fish and have some cute pictures of the cats watching the fish! Love the fun colors you used! Amazing coloring!!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi kristine! awwww....what a fabulously fun card!! ha HA! I love it! Hope your having a great sunday.

redlinda said...

I have that same cat stamp!! Now I have the fish and fish bowl digi stamp too. Thanks for sharing. I am excited to use my kitty again. Sorry, I don't remember where I bought it either.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I LOVE this card! It reminds me of what an AMAZING colorist you are... perfection all the way!!!

Jessica said...

It took me forever to find your blog so I could ask you where you got the cat stamp. And when I get here, you don't remember!!! lol what a day it's been. Well I'm going to become a follower, because I like your style. So if you should find out who made that adorable little cat, please shoult it from the roof tops, so I can get it for myself! Thanks anyway. And I am glad I found your blog.
Jessica