Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day & Cathy Update

Happy Mother's Day!! First I'd like to share a card I made using my favorite li'l bird stamp from Layers of Color. Today's challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges is to use shades of the colors brown, blue and white. I'm also entering this card for the challenges listed below.

I printed several pieces of {free} digital paper by Cajoline-Scrap and sewed them together like a quilt. Perfect for mom or mother-in-law. The sentiment is from an SU! set given to me by Lisa, and the prima flowers were a birthday gift from Kim Yu (thanks again girls!)

Our hostess this week is {the} Lovely Linda who shared the following scripture:

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

and our sponsor is once again Simon Says Stamp, donating one of their Exclusive stamp sets called Deer with Forest Friends.

I got an early present from my 9 yr. old Friday when she came home with this huge card she made at school with this poem inside that she wrote:

Mother

You are creative and loving!
I wonder how you are so special
I hear you scream when you see a spider
I see that you are an amazing artist
I want you to be president someday
You are creative and loving!

I pretend that you are always with me
I feel fantastic when you're around
I touch; can you buy me that phone please?
I worry that you will bring up memories
I cry because you're such a great mom
You are creative and loving!

I understand why you are so special
I say that you're the best mom in the whole world
I dream that you're a queen
I try to be delightful
You are creative and loving!

-Maddy Breach


Beautiful pictures, poem and she wrote a whole lot of descriptive words all over on the inside that say things like: Card Maker, happy, believes in me, talker, caring, awesome, kiwi lover, classy, beautiful, respectful, amusing, loving, neat, artistic, extreme, cuddly, funny, clever, bashful, amazing, playful, picky, fantastic, cute, joyful... OH MY! This totally made me cry. I was so touched. Both my girls are my treasures that God has entrusted me to raise, teach, and love and reading things like this from my DD just makes it all worth it. I love them both so much!

Also entering this card in the following:
CCEE Stampers - Mother's Day Card
Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes

Update on Miss Cathy:

My hubby took the girls to town yesterday (to shop for me for Mother's Day) and they went to visit Cathy in the hospital and take some cards that came from the card drive. I was hoping to go too but my fam wouldn't let me this time, LOL. Cathy is doing much better! She's able to maneuver her way into a wheelchair and go for a short ride through the halls every day. They've moved her downstairs to Rehibilitation already and ... PTL, insurance is going to pay for 19 days of that (as oppposed to the 8 days they originally thought). They think she'll be able to go home in 3-4 weeks! Let's keep praying!! She told the girls she was so happy to get their drawn/colored pictures and said she would frame them at home! Awww. Anyway, she is positive she will walk again!! Another PTL!! (Praise the Lord). The girls helped me pick out some lil things to fill the birdhouse gift box to give her and one of those things was a Windsong body spray which she says is her favorite, but she isn't sure if she'll still think so with her new nose! LOL. Yep, her nose was shattered in the crash and she has a "new" one, but she is so grateful that she can talk and can use her hands and legs etc. She hasn't been able to walk yet. But she will! ☺ THANK YOU once again to those of you who sent cards. It would be wonderful if she could keep getting those encouraging cards for the next couple of months! Please email me at breach4 [at] msn [dot] com to get the address to send it to! *Ü*

16 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - what a gorgeous card you bhave created - I love the feel of a quilt, it automatically creates a warmth! The Layers of Color bird is divine (my favourite LOC image)and is beautifully coloured abd is the perfect touch along with the flowers, lace and buttons!!
Thanks for the update on Cathy - what an answer to prayer - we will keep her in our prayers - you are such a blessing with your love for her!! God belss you Kris!!! {{{hugs}}}

Naoual said...

Happy mothersday to you too Kristine! The card you made is stunning!

Hugs, Naoual xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Mother's Day Kristine!! I hope you enjoy the day!!

Great News about Miss Cathy!! What an answer to prayer. I still have to send my card to you. I have to finish the inside and send it to you this week. Sorry I am so late.

Your card is stunning!! I have waited for 2 weeks to comment on it! LOL! The dp you used, the stitching, the layout and design are d bomb!! Gorgeous girl!! So elegant!!

Love the poem too!!

Have a blessed day my friend!
hugs,
Chris

peggysue said...

You printed those papers, they're digital? Like Chris I've been waiting for two weeks to find out where you got them and to tell you that this is so lovely. I think the poem your daughter wrote is so precious but I had to giggle at the line you scream at spiders! :) Great news about Kathy and Happy Mother's Day!

Lori said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love blue and that little birdie, which is Lovely Linda's favorite too, I believe. You've colored her beautifully. I haven't ordered a LOC set yet, not sure which one I want, (besides ALL of them). Thanks for the inspiration! The new blog looks great. Thanks for the Cathy update, she has been through a lot. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you, too. Daughters are wonderful!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS!!! Happy Mother's Day Kristine.

Ceal said...

beautiful!!

Grace said...

Kristine I just love this quilt card!!! I Love the pretty papers and quilt layout!!! Your daughter certainly gave you a treasure as well!! Aren't these gifts the most special treasures? I still have a box full of special things I'll treausre for ever!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you had a special day!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a WONDERFUL post - sooo full of love and joy! Firstly there's your beautiful card - amazing as always!!! Then there's the card your daughter gave you - equally as beauutiful and such a keepsake! And finally there's the positive news of Miss Cathy - glad to hear she's positive and in good spirits - and more importantly - on the mend!!!
xXx

Diane said...

Hey girl,love your card,fabulous papers and colors!
Thanks for the update on your friend,PTL,she is getting better!
She's a true fighter,I keep her in my thoughts and prayers daily!
Your daughters made you fabulous cards!

Candace said...

Kris, your card is gorgeous!! It looks like a quilt....SO beautiful!! Love your treasures from your girls. They are so sweet! I mailed a card on Saturday for Miss Cathy. Silly me...I've had it sitting around all this time, ready to go and kept forgetting to take it to the post office. You should be getting it soon. Hugs!! Hope you have a great week! :)

Kathy Winter said...

Hi sis, love this card. Happy Mother's day to you. The girls are so thoughtful and kind, and so very sweet. Have a great week. oh tell the girls hi for me:)

Randi said...

Kristine, I always love reading your postings but this week has me tearing up. What a wonderful poem from your DD, Maddy, and that sweet watering can from the other post. I used to make up stories for my kids, too!...fond memories. Have a great rest of the week.

Shirley Quarry-wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love how you quilted the piece and the colors.
So many wonderful details, buttons, lace flowers and the stitching.
What a sweet little daughter you have and quite the card maker.

Thanks for joining us in the CCEE challenge.

theneon said...

This card is a real treasure -- beautifully done -- and aren't you a lucky Mom?

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Showers of blessings in this post... not only a fabulous card, but an amazing poem (you definitely ARE creative and loving... and I got a chuckle about the phone), and a touching story about Miss Cathy. You and the girls have definitely been a blessing to her. What a wonderful thing. I will keep her in prayer, and one of these days actually get around to sending a card. Shame on me!