Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Franchesca Watching

I have a couple of cards to share with you this week. Today I'm sharing one I made for my MIL's birthday since she loves cats. Sue, from McMahon Five Designs just came out with 7 new digis this week including the one I used here called "Franchesca Watching." If you sign up for their newsletter, you'll get to see the new products as they come out along with samples (well, most of the time) ;P This digi is only $1.99!!

I used the sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers HERE. They are celebrating their 2nd Anniversary with a blog hop and prizes along the way, so you might want to check that out!


Also, Sue has stocked some brand new pearl flourishes like these...


and these beautiful roses too. It's really a 1 stop craft shop with classy, name brand products at really reasonable prices! Love that!!
Funny Story about this image: it was my turn to tell the girls a bedtime story last night and the ones they love the most are the ones we make up ourselves. So I used these characters from my card, Franchesca and Perry (short for periwinkle) but of course I had to give it a French accent! LOL. The girls loved it. Kindof a dumb story about how Franchesca watches Perrrrry (roll that tongue!) and got curious so she stuck her paw in there and Perry jumps out of the fish bowl and flip flops out the door and into the pond where the cat jumps in after it and the fish along with some of his friends saves her. Ya... I didn't think it was that great, but the girls loved it! You should've heard my story 2 nights before that about the purple and pink polka-dotted hippo, the chipmunk who was addicted to candy, and the lost ducklings! LOL ;)

11 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE how you've coloured Franchesca up - she really looks like she's behind the fish bowl! And what a cute fish - love it's bright and fun colours!
xXx

Crystal said...

Kristine I LOVE this image soooo cute and love how you did the fish bowl..Fun colors and such a SWEET creation!!!

Kathy Winter said...

Looks awsome Kris! A big Woot Woot on this one. Love the colors:)

Sassylassy said...

Kristine I LOVE this card. It's so bright and beautiful. I just love your color combo Fabulous job with yet another awesome Digi by Sue!~
Hugs Bonnie

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is so cute - I love the way the cat really looks behind the fish bowl - very clever!! What a deightful card - well done I am sure your MIL will love it! Funny about the kid story - our always loved the made up ones best - especially if it had their name in it! LOL! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Kristine,

I'm so impressed that you were able to tell a whole story based on this digi! LOL! I love Perry's name! hhmmm...maybe I need to rename the digi... :)

I love the bright, fun colors you used! Thank you for making another beautiful card! :)

(((HUGS)))
Sue

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Aw, what a delightful card, Kristine! I just adore it that you use the card to tell your girls a story, what a special Mom you are!

Have a beautiful day, Kristine!

Diane said...

Such a fabulous card Kristine! Love what you've done with the cat looking through the bowl,Neato!!
Maybe you should start writing kids story books,you are the best Mom I'm sure!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oops, sorry for the long pause there... I got a phone call. Anyhoo, adorable card and even cuter story! I think you should write children's books! Woo hoo, a new career for Kristine... and I could say I knew her when...

Gina Wrona said...

Way cool card!

Hugs,
Gina