Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Botanical Swirls Art Stencil Peek

Happy Tuesday stampin' friends!! Today the sneak peeks begin for Layers of Color Summer Release -- ART STENCILS!! They are branching out and offering some wonderful stencils which are great for inking/chalking/painting/spackling on things like cards/cardboard/giftbags/candles/walls etc. --they're only limited by your imagination!!

The Design Team will be showing you peeks over these next couple of weeks leading up to the Release Party on June 14th! Also, we will have a Drawing to win all 7 new art stencils over at the Layers of Color blog, which will begin on June 7th (hey, that's my sister's birthday!) ☺ So, I hope you're as excited as we are to share all our projects with you that we've been working on these last few weeks!

For my first card, I sponged garden green ink on this hound's tooth DP with the new "Botanical Swirls" stencil, and added strawberries from the clear stamp set, Nature Walk. What's great about these stencils are the size of them--large enough to do a 6x6" card, and is great for sponging onto walls or wrapping around curved boxes/candles etc. So keep checking back here and on my DT sister's blogs for more inspiration on how to use these stencils!


Card Deets
Stamps: Nature Walk (strawberries)--Layers of Color; Pun Fun (sentiment)--Papertrey Ink
Stencils: Botanical Swirls-- Layers of Color
Accessories: fence punch--Martha Stewart; Fancy Tags--Spellbinders; corner die cut--Sizzix; red gems-- McMahon Five Designs; green satin ribbon--Joann's.

5 comments:

Lori said...

This is a beauty, Kris! The red berries look yummy :} I can't wait to see more about these stencils, wow.

Kathy Winter said...

Oh my, what a bright and cheery card Kris. I love it. you did a fabulous job with the stencils too!!

Grace said...

Oh Kris this is soooo pretty!!! I love your fun layout... the little pickett fence and the yummy strawberries... so summery and pretty! That reminds me... I bought strawberries today! Yikes! I forgot to serve them tonight! LOL!!!! Oh I buried myself in my basement and didn't come up until almost bedtime. I really love what you did with this stencil Kris!!! Adorable!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Sue from Oregon said...

Had to come and try out this fancy new comment link you made LOL! Your new blog is just awesome...I am having so much fun browsing! Love this very colorful card as well!

Crystal said...

Hey girl, did you get a new blog or another...this is fantastic love the layout and design of it..FABULOUS!!!! Your strawberry card is BEAUTIFUL,such a fun design and the added fence is just perfect!!!!