Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Birthday Blog Hop for PeggySue

It's our sweet DT sister, PeggySue Turner's birthday today and we're having a fun li'l blog hop in her honor! Each of us brought a card made specially for her along with a PARTY item for this "virtual birthday party"!! (My present for Peggysue is below.)So hope you'll hop along with us and see the design team's creations and have a li'l fun along the way.

If you didn't start at SSCC, please go back and start there! Here's the order of the hop, in case you get lost along the way:

SSCC Blog
Candace
Kathy
Miesje
Lisa
Randi
Linda
Kristine - You are here!
Grace
Chris
PeggySue - hop on over to the birthday girl's blog and wish her a Happy Birthday!! *Ü*

And my present for PeggySue is this gift set of beautifully embroidered hand/bath towels as I know how much she loves roses.

♪♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to YOU, ♫ ♪
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to YOU, ♫ ♪
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
dear PEGGYSUE!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to YOU!! ♫♪

CARD DEETS: I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch and the big flower is from Nature Walk by Layers of Color.
The branch is a 12" Sizzix die called Cherry Blossom Branch (M5D) that I ran through the Cuttlebug. It's actually about twice this length... had to cut it to fit on the card! It also has little blossoms in the die that you can run thru with pretty colors :) I don't know who makes these papers, but Irina from LaLa Land Crafts sent me these pretty papers! Thanks again Irina!! ♥

15 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - this is just gorgeous! I love the card you have made in honour of Peggysue's birthday! You use Layers of CoOlor as if they are designed for you my friend! I love the whole look of this!! What a great gift you are bringing - way to go! Enjoy the party Kris! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Oh what a pretty card Kristine!!! Peggysue will love this!!! Love the idea of the branch with this pretty LOC bloom!!! Great verse too! The towels are soooo perfect with those roses!

Becky said...

What gorgeous towels..And the card is so pretty.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh, I sure would love a set of those towels. how gorgeous. That card is downright gorgeous girl!! Love your image and design. Is the branch already on the dp or did you put it there. It is perfect!
hugs,
Chris

Randi said...

Kristine, beautiful towels and my what a beautiful card!! love the fence and branch.

Miesje said...

Cute towels and an amazing card!

Toucan Scraps said...

beautiful card

thank you fro visitng my blog this week

peggysue said...

What pretty paper and colors ooh! and how did you know we needed new bathroom towels? I like what you did with the branch and fencing, the beautiful flower in the corner, I agree with Linda, you use those stamps as though they were made for you. Thank you so much.

MariLynn said...

Kristine, your flower on the branch is gorgeous!!

Shawne said...

OOHHH, love these colors, just beautiful!

Basement Stamper said...

Those papers are beautiful!!! I met Irina yesterday and admired the La-La creations while I was there.

Your card is gorgeous, I love it!

Rhonda said...

What a pretty card!! As for the towel set, I could bundle up in one and crawl under ssome cover for a minute. They look so soft. PeggySue is Blessed to have such carring friends.

Diane said...

Beautiful work Kristine!!! The card is stunning are the towels are gorgeous! I'm sure she will adore them,you are soooo talented!

Marcia said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Kris ... great to pop past and see your fantastic work. Hope you had a great Mothers Day ...

:) Marcia

Lisa Hjulberg said...

beautiful! and i love those towels. i wouldn't mind having some of those myself!