Saturday, May 01, 2010

Another {Sweet} Cowgirl LaLa Page

If you saw my last scrap page I posted on Wednesday then you prolly guessed that another was coming huh? Especially after my daughters saw how cute that page was, my other DD wanted one, so she picked out the colors and this time I used Sweet LaLa and added the same cowgirl hat and boots that I drew.

I finally found a use for the Red Glitter Flock that my friend Lisa sent me for my birthday! I used it for the trim on the hat *Ü* I also used some red glitter gellyroll pens to highlight her belt and boots.

This also fits this week's LaLa Challenge, which is to alter an embellishment. Granted, I altered the same thing as my last page by making twine into a flower, but this time I used black instead of natural. I also wrapped some red twine for a lasso and put in her hand.

Here's a close up of Sweet Lala as a cowgirl. I have a ton of other pictures of my girls on horses so I'm sure I'll be finding other fun LaLas to add a hat and boots to! *Ü*
Another li'l bit of info... I'm winding down some of my design teams to spend more family time with my girls and hubby this summer. For most of them this isn't goodbye... just a li'l break and see ya again soon! Although I won't be on as many DTs over the next few months I will still be posting to my blog as I get time to create so I hope you'll keep checking in!

13 comments:

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oh my goodness, Kris!! This is TERRIFIC! I love the colors you used on both girls' pages. I didn't see the one on Wednesday, been crazy busy this week, but . . . Wow, they are cute! Now I really like the hats and boots you drew . . . you should be drawing some stamps, too, girl! Maybe Irina could use an "accessories" artist. :) Hugs, Kel

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is gorgeous, I love both of your layouts, you are so creative with these stamps! Gorgeous - no wonder your DD wanted a layout done with one!! Fabuous!! Thanks for sharing Kristine!! Enjoy your family over the summer, they are precious!! I look forward to seeing you on your Blog!! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Randi said...

LOL!!!!! I knew that another one had to be coming as the first was going to be a hot number. I bet you planned it that way though....you are too organized, heehee. I love this one too....just the sweetest cowgirls out there.

Lori said...

Super! Love this blingged out cowgirl! The flower with the polka dot center is so sweet.

Debbie Pamment said...

DD#2 was right to push for a page of her own - and it's JUST as fabulous as your previous one!

Enjoy your break from DTs - it can get overwhelmong if you're not careful! Will be popping in to check up on you anyways - LOL

Lotsaluv
xXx

peggysue said...

That is super sweet . . . I have some great pics of my kids when they were little on horseback . . . hint! hint! I don't scrapbook, gee, wish I had a friend who did . . . hint! hint! :) These are so neat and that cowgirl has the best little hat and boots!

Marcia said...

Oh my, this is sensational Kris ... what a treat!

:) Marcia

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome layout Kris!! I just love your sweet image and your design and colors. The polka dotted dp is so fun. Sweet photo! The button flower is the perfect touch!
hugs,
Chris

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous again!!! I can't believe you drew in the boots and hat - they are both so perfect!!!

Maureen said...

Another fabulous cowgirl Lala!! Your creativity is just stunning - the hat and boots are just so perfect for her!

Helen said...

This is just as adorable as the other one! You're amazingly creative! You're also so much of my inspiration and I appreciate you and all your kind words & encouragement. Have a wonderful summer with your family!
Blessings!
~H

Kristen said...

Kristine, this page is FABULOUS. The colors are fabulous, and I can't believe you can draw too...Girl rock on!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

okay one more comment before I sign off... my jaw dropped when i saw both this page and the green page you made below. Yee haw!!!!