Sunday, April 18, 2010

SSCC35 - Use Flowers On Your Card/Project

Good Morning! I'd like to invite you to join us for a new challenge this week over at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges where the lovely "Southern Belle" Candace Mitchell is hostess! She chose this verse to share:

Isaiah 40:8, "The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever."

Her challenge for us is to use flowers on your card/project--Easy peasy!   Also, she has shared a little devotional on the SSCC blog, so I encourage you to hop over there to read it.

I used a cute flower set from Layers of Color called Polka Dot Love for the 2 types of flowers here. This set comes with lots of flowers and centers and leaves to mix n match! The sentiment was a free digi from Express Yourself.

The pink intricate squares are the middle die from the Pendant Nestabilities. I saw this idea on Yvonne's blog here. She does amazing things with Spellbinders Nesties--I get so much inspiration from her lovely work.

We'd love to have you join our challenge this week! Our sponsor is The Art of Michelle Perkett who is donating a $15 GC to her Etsy digi store!! If you upload to online galleries, please use the keyword SSCC35.

To inspire you further, please visit my Design Sisters blogs here:

23 comments:

Randi said...

Kristine, I LOVE this look. You should enter it in the Shabby Tearoom Challenge as it is about squares and lots of them. I love the digi as it so fits our challenge blog! Have a great week dear friend.

Steph said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours!

Crystal said...

Kristine totally GORGEOUS design sweetie, and these colors are WONDERFUL!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wonderful creation...I love Yvonne's blog as well!

Kathy Winter said...

This is so beautiful Kris!! Love the sentiment and the colors are pretty. I just love that Pendant nestie. The flower set from LOC is awsome. Talk to you soon Sis:) Luv ya!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous..I love the colors and the layout.

Grace said...

Oh my Kristine this is gorgeous!!! I LOVE your layered LOC flowers and I agree with Randi... enter it in the shabby tearoom challenge! It's perfect!!!! Have a blessed day! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Kristine!! I just love your use of the nesties die and the polka dot flowers from LOC. It have a very vintage or shabby chic feel. Awesome take on today's challenge!!

Have a great week my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Candace said...

I LOVE this! Love the look of the squares and the monochromatic color scheme. Somewhere I saw a challenge for monochromatic cards, but now I don't remember...

Anyway, you did a wonderful job! Have a great week!! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Gorgeous card, Kris! It stands out with pops of color and those amazing die cuts. Love the sentiment!

Much love and warm hugs to you my friend,
Lisa

Shawne said...

Hey Kristine, very cute card! I think I had so much going on with my previous post that a lot of people didn't even realize I was giving out a "door" prize for comments, I used random.org for the first time and your comment was picked, congrats! If you want to come click on my badge at the top right of my blog, pick out your stamps, individual or sets and email me at studio313creations@yahoo.com with your choices I'll get them to you! thanks for stopping by and commenting!

peggysue said...

This is such a cute card! And I know how much work it is to manage to get those die cuts out of the die, that would have been a job! Great design for this challenge, so many flowers!

Lori said...

Fantastic, Kristine! Love the color and the die cutting is cool. I will be emailing you for your address soon.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Kristine - LOVE your use of the pendant dies - as soon as I have time I'm going to give this look a go - it's AWESOME and has made for a STUNNER of a card!
xXx

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

Risa said...

What a stunning card Kristine! The die cut flowers are fabulous!
hugs
Risa:)

Joanna said...

Wow. I love this one, Kris. Nice work.

Diane said...

Absolutely stunning Kristine!
When I hear flower challenge,I think of primas,but I really like your idea!!! Lovely!

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Helen said...

Oh, Kris, this is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us what you used to make the ornamental squares behind the flowers, because I was going to ask you! :)
Blessings!
~H

Ann Flower said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I am going to have to get those stamps! Love your technique!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - it took me long enough to get here but I am so glad I finally made it - this is gorgeous - I love the way you have used the Layers of Color Polks Dot Love art stamp set - perfect! I love your creativity with your cards - you are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing Kris!! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

Davi said...

This is beautiful!! Lots of work cutting all those layers and they are so perfectly matched!!