Sunday, April 11, 2010

SSCC34 - Prayer and Peace

Today is the day the Lord has made, let us Rejoice and be glad in it! It's time for another Scripture challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges and my wonderful friend Lisa Hjulberg is hosting!

The scripture she chose to share is:

Philippians 4:4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, wihch transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I love this set of verses.... who wouldn't? God's peace... a peace that no one else can give... is ours when we trust Him with all our needs/requests.

This week's Challenge is create a card/project about prayer or peace.

My card today used 3 sets from Layers of Color: Fruitful Harvest, Backyard Birds, Her Majesty's Urns, in which I stamped them all in VersaMark and chalked the color on. I love this look so much as opposed to my first try in which I stamped them in black. The sponging around the edge goes nicely with the soft look of the chalked images. This card went to my friend (and LOC boss) Laura for her 50th Birthday, so it had to be special. I hope I achieved that? The verse is about prayer: "I thank my God upon every remembrance of You." Philippians 1:3.
Here are some close-ups.


Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp (our monthly sponsor!) who is donating this cute stamp set:
I hope you'll come on over and see the fabulous creations by our Design Team and enter to win these cute stamps!! Perfect for Mother's Day coming up *Ü*

12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kris - this is just gorgeous - I love the 'popping pastels' technique and this shows why! Those colours are so vibrant, just perfect! Love that scripture for the challenge too - well done - you have definitely used 'layers of color' on Layers of Color - Laura will love this! Thanks for sharing Kristine and inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Oh Kristine this is so gorgeous!!! I LOVE how you combined all these sets and the colors are amazing!!! Laura will be thrilled beyond belief on this one! So special and I love the vesre! Blessings on your week Kristine!

Crystal said...

WOWZA Kristine this is totally GORGEOUS!!!! What a stunning creation sweetie!!!!

Kathy Winter said...

well, you've outdone yourself again Kris. I love this card. Laura will love it too. The colors are so vibrant and the way you included 3 different sets is amazing!! Great job, I'm so proud of you:)

Lori said...

Fabulous Kristine! Love the soft colors and ribbon treatment.

Kim Yu said...

This is beautiful, Kristine!

peggysue said...

I was wondering how you did the color, now I know that you have an extremely steady hand when it comes to chalking! Oh my, this must have taken for-evah! So gorgeous!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Your popping pastels are so pretty, Kristine!

I wanted to stop by and thank you, too, for such an awesome tutorial on the four-drawer easel card! I used it for my featured stamper card on Splitcoaststampers. If you're interested, you can check it out on my blog:

http://wheremmsgather.blogspot.com/2010/04/thanks-for-choosing-such-awesome.html

Randi said...

Kristine, I love those LOC stamps and I love how you put them all together with a wonderful verse. Also, I love your bow treatment. Have a great week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Kristine!! I just love that verse and your coloring rocks!! Such an elegant card with such springy colors!! I hope you had a blessed Sunday!! Sorry so late in commenting but my parents were here over the weekend and I am jsut now able to get around.

Hugs,
Chris

Candace said...

Kris, this is so beautiful!! The colors are soo vibrant and pretty! Love your card today! Well, I love your cards every day! LOL! Hope you have a great week! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Pure gorgeousness, Kris. Such amazing detail. You totally rock!!!