Sunday, April 04, 2010

SSCC #33 - Resurrection Sunday

A Blessed Easter Sunday friends! This is definately a very special holiday for us Christians as we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!! My sister Kathy is our challenge hostess at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges this week. Her scripture is very fitting for Easter:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

AMEN! I am so incredibly thankful that we CAN have everlasting life with our Lord beyond this life. It truly was the greatest form of LOVE.

And so Kathy's CARD CHALLENGE (or other paper project) is to somewhere on your card/lo/project have the word LOVE or something that symbolizes love to you.
What symbolizes love to me is the cross. Jesus bore the sins of the world and shed His blood on the cross ---voluntarily---because of His great love for each of us---so that we can be forgiven and spend eternity in Heaven with Him. I love this verse, 1 John 4:10, and I actually did spend a great deal of time playing with various fonts in Photoshop and got a nice sentiment, but my printer was out of ink and printed really badly, so I ended up hand-writing my verse, hence the crookedness etc. But that's okay, I figure it personalizes this card that much more and gives it "character."

The key around the cross is because Jesus is the only way to God, our Heaven Father. And Jesus said that anyone who knocks, the door shall be open.

And the butterfly because it symbolizes new life! New life in Him when we accept Christ as our Savior. We die to our old self (wordly ways) and he gives us new Life! Jesus died on the cross but was Resurrected on the 3rd day!! There's a sentiment in one of my stamp sets that says "What the catepillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly!

and my second card uses a super cute digi image from our sponsor this week,

Much thanks to Joni who donated a free digi to our design team to use for today! I chose this cute Love Bug. I paperpieced the car and added glitter pen to the fenders, although that's hard to see here.

In case you didn't see the announcement yet on the challenge blog, we have added 3 new Design Team members: Chris Olsen, Linda Lucas, & Grace Nywening--WELCOME LADIES!! Today is their first assignment as DT sisters so come on over to the Challenge blog and see what everyone created and for some fun fellowship!!

13 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

One card full of classic beauty and one full of classic fun - you're versatility is always amazing - as are your cards!
xXx

Grace said...

Just beautiful on the first one Kris! I love the cross and key... the beautifully colored butterfly and that verse... there is NO greater love!!!

The second is sooo fun! Cute as a bug!:)

I'm so excited to be linking arms with you my stampin sister in Christ! Thank you for inviting me! Have a blessed Easter and I'm praying for your voice to be allery free this morning!!! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - your card are always amazing - the first oen is so elegant and captures the meaning of Easter so beautifully, I love the colours and all of the detail - that butterfly is so beautifully coloured Kristine!

Your second card is too cute - I love the colours you have used and the colouring of the image - way too cute Kristine!

I am thrilled to be a SSIC with your - I thank God for bringing our paths together- you are such a blessing and so inspiring both on SSIC and LOC! God Bless you Kristine, I pray your day will be blessed! {{{hugs}}}

Lori said...

The colors are a bit surprising to me, they are fantastic! The hand printing looks great!

BananaStamper said...

Beautiful cards! Happy Easter!
Shanna :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are both beautiful Kristine!! Love the way you framed the verse in the heart in the handwritten script with the butterfly and bright colors.

The second is darling!! Love the sweet image and your layout!! Your creations always rock my friend!!

Thanks for the opportunity to be on the SSIC with you all and share our love for Him. I am so excited to be on a team with you once again as well!!

Have a blessed Easter!! I hope your husband and girls have a great day with you!!

hugs,
Chris

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Gotta get working on mine! :)
Blessings!
~H

Christi said...

Your card is beautiful!!! I love the cross, key, butterfly, and the hand written verse! What a wonderful card!

The ladybug card is just too cute! I love it!

Kathy Winter said...

I love both cards Kris. That image from Joni is soo cute and the other card is perfect for Easter.

Becky said...

Beautiful card. Love this butterfly

Randi said...

Beautiful cards Kristine!! I love them both yet they are so different! that LOC butterfly is my favorite except the one that I have,heehee.

peggysue said...

Oh such beautiful cards! Your work is gorgeous. Sorry it took me so long to get around to the DT cards this week! Had it in the back of my mind, should have moved it to the front!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm running out of words to describe the awesomeness of your art. I love it all...and you!

Hugs,
Lisa