Wednesday, April 21, 2010

LLWWC35 - Shabby Chic

G'morning!! Time for a new challenge at LaLa Land Crafts!! I'm having so much fun in La-La Land... especially with the new release last week! Have you been eyeing this Princess Lala?? Well I've got GREAT NEWS!! Our challenge hostess Irina also used her for this week's challenge, which means this rubber stamp is on sale all this week at 20% Off (that makes her only $9.60!)!

What do you think of "Shabby Chic"? Well, I think it means distressed edges, but here's a great article that explains it in a bit more detail if you're interested: Shabby Chic Tecnique

Come on over and enter the challenge for your chance to WIN a $10 Store Credit to spend on any stamps of your choice!! You do need to use a LaLa Land Crafts stamp or digi to be eligible to win, but now that lots of stamps have gone digi, you can get them instantly at a reduced price!! *Ü* Come play along!! Challenge closes on Monday night!!

For more inspiration, please visit my DT sisters' blogs:

Irina *Owner* - Everything Paper Crafts

and our lovely Guest Designers:

18 comments:

Riet said...

Wowwww Kristine,what a beautiful card,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sew Many Cards said...

What a great card- The red is so striking and you did a great job with the Shabby look! I love it!!!!

Angela
SewManyCards

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Such pretty colors, great shabby chic feel and I love those big green eyes (but maybe I am a little partial to green eyes like mine *wink*) Hugs, Kel

Helen said...

Oh, she's so pretty! I should get mine today or tomorrow and I can't wait!!! I love your card, it's beautiful! Those colors together are awesome and I love those rose dp's! Now, I must go read up on Shabby Chic Tecnique, because I've never done one of those, even though I have a tool to do those edges!
Blessings!
~H

Seleise said...

super duper cute! love the image and love how you put it all together!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautifully done, Kris! I love her green eyes. As always, you do an amazing job of coloring.

Hugs,
Lisa

Irina said...

Absolutely AMAZING!!! I LOVE how you pulled it all together with different papers!! GREAT card!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

1LuvnMama said...

Yawza Kristine! I luv all the wonderful papers you used and you went to town distressing them! So shabby with Princess Lala! :) You always do a great job!

Lori said...

She looks like a little firecracker waiting to get out! Love the colors you used.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling Kristine!! I just love your image and your paper choice is awesome. One of my faves.
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

AWWW Kristine she is soooo sweet, LOVE your coloring and your card is beautiful!

Debbie Pamment said...

Look at that beautiful velevt flower - how perfect for shabby chic! Beautiful job!
xXx

Makiko Jones said...

This is so pretty!! I love the flower embellishment with the beautifully colored image! TFS~

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Kristine! I really love the papers you chose! And you colored Lala beautifully!

Rose Ann said...

She is just darling, Kristine...and your coloring is so beautiful!! I love the pretty flower too!!

Kim Yu said...

This is beautiful, Krisitne! I love the DP you used and gorgeous flower!

Davi said...

That is such a darling image, great coloring and love the colors and dps you chose. That flower is fab!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Kristine...VERY shabby chic!! Your coloring is great, and that flower is fabulous!!