Saturday, April 24, 2010

KLSNS27 - {Natural} Color Challenge

What's brunette and freckled and cute all over?? Why it's Birgitta on a Tree Stump of course! *Ü*

Hi there! I'm so glad it's Saturday!! I get to do something fun today... something very girly! My church is hosting a ladies tea party this afternoon where we will enjoy a fashion show (put on by a local Girl Scout Troop), my girls & a friend are singing a couple songs on a catwalk stage, and I've been asked to judge the decorated tables! I sooo need this day to relax and go do something fun with my girls as it's been a very stressful week. :(

So, onto today's card!!

We have been celebrating Earth Day all month long at KL Stampin N Scrappin, and this week we have a color challenge, hosted by Joanna: Naturals, greens, browns. Challenge will end midnight on Friday night. OOOH, and since this is the LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH... THERE'S A PRIZE!!! Hop over to the KLSNS blog to see what it is!!

The stamp I used is called Birgitta on a Tree Stump. I used Sketch Saturday #99. This is my last challenge as a DT member at KLSNS. After 16 wonderful months there, I'm really gonna miss Kelly and the wonderful KLSNS Girls! (although I know where to find y'all so I'll be popping in on your blogs.) But I am needing to wind down some of my Design Teams for summer--to spend more time with my girls and just take a breather from so many commitments. Kelly will be adding 3 more DT members though and you can see this post to read who they will be!!

Speaking of "Nature" there's a new li'l colt in town! LOL. Actually right next door! This cute li'l colt was born yesterday morning and as soon as we heard, my girls were bolting over there to touch and look ☺ Of course I had to grab the camera!! We think he'll be called "Freckle" because he has one little freckle on his face. It's a good thing I'm not named for MY freckles... that'd be scary!! LOL -- Quit That! I know you went up to look at my profile picture just now ;o)

And here's one with his mama.

This last picture is of some deer that I took on Thursday - there were about 5 of them on our property, grazing right next to the dog pen. One of them was limping :( Love having them around... except the eating the garden part! ☺


Anyway, come on over and enter the challenge and see what the rest of the KLSNS Girls made!


Card Deets
Stamps: CC Designs Swiss Pixies "
Birgitta on a Tree Stump"; Riveting (SU! sentiment)
Paper:
March KI Kit (TE)

9 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card and photo Kristine.
I love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

BananaStamper said...

Such a cute card Kristine! Fun papers and great photos too! Such a cute little guy!
Happy Saturday!

Jacilynn said...

Great card Kristine. Love the color combo. Great photo too. Sad to see you go, but will be back to see all your crafty goodness.;)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Such lovely colors you used to create your card, Kris. You did a terrific job with the big image of Birgita on a tree stump. LOVE it! :) Thanks for sharing the lovely photos of the colt and deer too. What a sweet little one. It is so much fun to watch them grow. :) It must be time for Ladies' tea parties, as our ladies are gearing up for one of those next Saturday too. Unfortunately with working Saturdays so I can have off Sunday, I won't be able to make it to ours. So have fun for me too while you are there!! lol Hugs, Kel

maddy hill said...

what a super super card - i love the colours , they all just pop of the page !
hugs
maddy x

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Isn't Brigitta just adorable? She's just too cute! Your coloring of the stump is fantastic!

What a cutie of a colt too! How fun you will get to see him grow up! :)

(((HUGS)))
Sue

Joanna said...

What a great card. I love how you color hair (I think I've said that before tho!). Love the nature pictures too. Nice touch.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

What a pretty card!!I love all the patterns.

aw, that colt is so precious! My daughter would be so distracted that it would be hard to get her to do anything else but gaze at it! LOL

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I wanna come on over and see the deer and the baby colt!!! How cute!!! Such spindly little legs. And I love his/her color. I can't tell from the pictures... but is his harness blue for a reason? ha!

Anyway, back to your card... pure CUTENESS at its BEST!!! I adore Swiss Pixie images... and that particular KI kit. You've inspired me to break mine out for some love!

P.S. I read all about the tea party on your family blog. What fun!!! Oh, and I loved the Disney pix, too.