Friday, April 16, 2010

If I Had a Single Flower...

for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi


Isn't this a pretty potted plant? This is a new digi image by Sue at McMahon Five Designs! I believe Sue was naturally gifted to draw, especially flowers! Have you seen all the different flower digis in her shop? Gorgeous! Although I usually take a peek at her samples to see how to color them in because I'm clueless about what types of flowers are what colors, LOL. But anyway... I printed this on watercolor paper and then added white gel pen for highlights and dark brown & green markers for streaks in the wood and veins in the leaves.
Such a sweet sentiment too. The sentiment is actually part of the digi!
The green velvet flower is from Taylored Expressions and I thought it resembled one of the leaves in my picture pretty closely! The paper I used is Green at Heart from KL Stampin N' Scrappin. Enjoy your Friday and I hope to see you back here tomorrow with another card!
In case you missed it, CLICK HERE to read my Card Drive post. Thank yOU!! *Ü*

15 comments:

Helen said...

Those flowers in that pot look so real!!! I love the window you created! Beautiful card!
Blessings!
~H

Bonibleaux Designs said...

AweSome WORK!!!

Crystal said...

Beautiful Kristine!

Shawne said...

Just saw this on my dash and had to come by to say I think this is one of Sue's most amazing flowers yet, it is so real and your coloring just really brought it to life even more, beautiful!!!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful!! Love the white gel pen you added...this is just stunning!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is beautiful......I love this and will have to have it.....thank you for sharing the gorgeous creation.......it's truly inspirational.....

Lori said...

Oh, this is a beauty! Love how you framed it!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Ah, your card shines with warmth and creative touches, Kristine! Wonderful!

Hugs to you my friend!

Debbie Pamment said...

This is gorgeous - it looks 3D abd sooo real! Love the sentiment and your fabulous window scene
xXx

Grace said...

Oh Kristine this is gorgeous!!! LOVE this image and your white highlights REALLY make this gorgeous, and that ribbon flower... wow!!!

Michele said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!

Candace said...

WOW. Kris, this is AWESOME! Have I told you lately how talented you are? You blow me away everytime I come to your blog. Your coloring here is superb...it looks like you hand-painted it! Love the window scene and the cute little curtain. I NEED that punch!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Beautiful!!! I love the window scene you've created. You're pretty good at those window scenes. (*wink*)

Risa said...

What a stunning card, I love it Kristine!
hugs
Risa:)

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card. Love it! Love the flowers in the pot, so stunning. I have posted a new challenge, hope you can play this week!! :D Have a great day!