Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy Easter... Egg

If you haven't "hopped" over to McMahon Five Designs recently then you're missing out on some really cute Easter and Spring Digis!! Sue is such an awesome gal to work with too--in fact, I'll bet if you have some ideas for her to draw, she just might do it & put the digis in the store! ; P

Let me tell you how this card came about...

I was soo delighted a couple days ago when I got a message from Michelle Vocke, a columnist for the Scrapbooking and Stamping Examiner, letting me know that my Easter Cross card, made with McMahon Five Designs Easter Cross was being published in her column HERE! Wowie!! That's so cool, so of course I clicked on the link... and along with my card appeared a gorgeous egg-shaped card by Suzanne Czosek, so of course I followed her link to her blog and found the egg template to make my own card!

I used M5D's "Springtime Friends" digi in the center, and the "Wild Rose" digi on the egg (background). I used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch for the flutterbys around the opening. The layer with the wild roses is actually popped up and layered on a coral card base. The center of that layer is cut out (I just made the egg template smaller to cut it out).

M5D has Christian digis for Easter as well in case you are not into the cutesy stuff. And you'll find tons of gorgeous flower digis as well! *Ü*

Thanks for stopping in today! If you're looking for this week's La-La Land Challenge, please scroll down one post! It's my week to host and it's... PAPER PIECING!! Who doesn't love that one? (I ♥ it!) Have a great Thursday!!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

AWW Kristine your egg design is soooo cute, love those butterflies what a great idea!!!!! Beautiful work girl!

Lori said...

What a wonderful, bright Easter card! This little bunny and butterfly are simply adorable.

Kristen said...

Wow Kristine, this card is GORGEOUS! Stunning!

Marcia said...

Kristine, this is beautiful. Have a blessed Easter break.

:) Marcia

Sassylassy said...

Ahh.. Kristine what an adorable egg card. I love eveything about it. You did an awesome job with this adorable digi! And the cute little butterfly's just so sweet!!!
Congratulations sweetie on getting your cross card published I'm hugging you right now. Oh, how very exciting you deserve it!!!!!
Hugs Bonnie

CJ said...

VERY VERY VERY CUTE CARD.....YOU DID AND AWESOME.AWESOME.AWESOME JOB...KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK...I WILL BE LOOKING AT THE REST OF YOUR CRADS AND STUFF...I HAVE BECOME A FOLLOWER AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN MINE. ALSO COME OVER TO http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/ AN CHECK OUT OUR FUNNY CHALLENGE WE HAVE GOING ON AND THE PRIZES ARE AWESOME THIS TIME AROUND AND THEN POP ON OVER TO THE STORE TO SEE WHAT OUR CREATORS HAVE....
BIG HUGS
CJ
http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh Hoooooow CUTE! LOVE the little butterfly border - such a clever Kris idea!
xXx

Kathy Winter said...

Love it!! I just downloaded the template:) Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

Pam said...

Another amazing creative card! I love how you put the butterflies all around the frame. That must of taken you forever. thanks for sharing.
~Pam L.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

oh so cute!