Thursday, April 15, 2010

Card Drive for a Wonderful Teacher

*EDITED TO ADD: If you'd like to read my post updates on Cathy, please click HERE.

Two days ago we learned that my daughter's Kindergarten teacher, Cathy Downing was in a bad car crash recently. By the looks of the car, it's a miracle she came out of it alive, but she did, thank God! Angels were definately with her that day and shows that God must not be done with her yet! *Ü*

I found this picture of her with Fireman Bob from when she taught my daughter's class a few years ago. "Miss Cathy" is such an awesome teacher, and just a wonderful, loving and happy person!!

I would love to hold a Card Drive for her--to help cheer her up when she gets a little further along in recovery. I know that there are so many caring stampers out there who's beautifully hand-made card can bless someone's life in such a positive way and so I'm giving you that opportunity!

If you'd like to send Cathy a card, please email me, Kristine, to get my address. I will leave it open for the next few weeks. I will be pasing them on to Miss Cathy. Thank You so much!!

Here is a picture of her car after they got her out.
This was on the front page of our newspaper yesterday.

Here's one more picture I found when my daughter's class went on a field trip.

Sending lots of love and Get well Wishes!


Many THANKS to those who have sent me a card for Cathy!!
If you would like to be sure it got here, please see the list below.

Dawn B - NC
Jan H - AZ
Gloria W - TN
Betty S - TX
Clarissa VW - NZ
Carol N - WI
Crystal B - OH
Diane L - CAN
Carol B - MO
Annette B - AUS
Debbie P - AUS
Grace N - NC
Peggysue T - IL
Lorie A - WA
Candace M - MS
Betty S - TX
(2nd card--thanks Betty!!)

9 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Thank God she is alive! She definitely had someone watching over her. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers and will be sending a card for her. If I'm right,we send the card to you?
My thoughts and prayers are with Miss Cathy!

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh that is frightening.. I am so happy that she came out okay.. I too will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.. I would love to send a card.. :)

Helen said...

You are so sweet. She will greatly appreciate what you're doing for her! After seeing that car, it's obvious that God's plan for her life is still in full force! That's amazing! I have your address, so I'll get something in the mail for her this week-end!
Blessings!
~H

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness...that is too bad. I would like to send a card but would like to wait until closer to your giving them to her. Could you post again when it is time, please?

Debbie Pamment said...

Hey Kris - it's mid afternoon Friday here in Oz but I'll get something organised to post off on Monday - I have your address - unless you've moved since Christmas - LOL

She is one lucky lady - and obviously a special one too! Wishing her a speedy recovery!

xXx

Annette Bowes said...

Hi Kristine, have sending you an email via your link but for some reason will not leave my send box! Could you please email me your address annette@sealed-enclosures.com, as I would like to send Cathy a card, she is in our thoughts, take careX:)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I will definitely send a card...you're a star for doing this!

Jenny said...

Wow... thats all I could say when I saw the picture. She definately has angels watching over her. I will shoot you an email later to get your address to send some to you. I will be saying a lil prayer for her speedy recovery.

Dawn B. said...

I am so glad you got my card.. I still have her on my prayer list.. Hope she is getting along okay..