Sunday, March 28, 2010

SSCC32 - Mount Up With Wings Like Eagles

Happy Palm Sunday everyone!! Today it's my turn to host this week's Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and our sponsor this week is Our Daily Bread Designs, who is donating a $15 Gift Certificate that will go to a random player, chosen by Random.Org!!

I chose this verse to share:

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

As I reflect on this verse, I find it very comforting. We all are hit at one time or another by sickness, disappointment, failure, and tragedy... but this verse assures us that if we put our faith and hope in Jesus Christ, He will give us the strength we need to go on and ride out the storm.

I read once that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it hits. The eagle will fly to a high spot and wait for the winds to come, and when they do, the eagle sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. The eagle does not escape the storm, it simply uses the storm to lift it higher and soar above it. We too can rise above the storms that life brings by setting our hearts on God. He has bigger plans for us than we can see for ourselves, so put your hope in Him--He will take you to new heights!

CARD CHALLENGE: and so my challenge is for you to "mount up" parts of your image, aka. Paper Tole technique. This is not simply paper piecing an image, but rather restamping your image 2 or more times and cutting out parts of that image to pop it up and make it 3-dimensional.

I used some of my favorite stamps from Layers of Color: Merci Bouquet , Royal Birds, and Gothic Crosses. I popped up the largest flowers individually, the middle body of the bird, and the cross (after stamping it directly onto wood). Did I mention how much I LOVE Layers of Color stamps? And I'm NOT just saying that because I'm a DT either. I truly love these elegant stamps--they are so beautiful and they all seem to really work nice together, combining stamps from various other sets. Anyway, this card appeared at LOC's blog this week for Faith Art Friday! Check out what Lovely Linda created for that as well HERE.

For the window, I cut the shape out of Pretty in Pink using Nestability Labels die and then ran the layer through again with the Textiles embossing folder. I popped up that layer with 2 stacked dimensionals all around so the cross is inset. My sentiment is computer generated and layered onto one of the Fancy Tags (nesties).

Come join us this week and enter to win! You'll find some wonderful inspiration HERE by our lovely design team as well. Have a blessed Sunday!!

17 comments:

Scrappycath said...

Gorgeous card!

Crystal said...

Breathtaking Kristine, WOW my jaw hit the cpu!!!!! GORGEOUS!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my....this is absolutely gorgeous, Kristine!!

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card!!!! I love the cross!!!!
Our family name is Rood....which mean cross/crucifix. I'm gonna have to buy that image!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

So so gorgeous, Kristine. You are really embracing the classic vintage look in your cards, and it's a lovely thing to behold!

I love your thoughts on this week's scripture!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jenny said...

Lovely card... just gorgeous! :)

Randi said...

Kristine, this is amazing and just a WOW kind of card. Have a great week!

Lori said...

Beautiful post, Kristine. Your card is beautiful as well, the colors and the tole! Can't wait to try it out, thanks for the challenge.

Ceal said...

Beautiful card Kristine! I am gonna miss being on the DT with you but I will stalk your blog for inspiration

Kathy Winter said...

Another beautiful card Kris. I love the vintagey feel of this one. Of course all your cards and projects are amazing:) Luv Ya!!

Sharon said...

Hi Kristine: I noticed your card on Layer of Colour gallery and left a comment there. Lots of cutting details! I love how your eye is drawn in to the cross in the center of your card. It's like looking in a church window.
Thanks, also, for your nice comment on my card using Layers of Colour stamps. It is sincerely appreciated!
Stampin' Hugs,
Sharon
aka Celticrafter

PATTY said...

love the colors and love the style of this card, such a beautiful easter card.

Dawn B. said...

Oh do I love this.. It is so pretty. That must have taken some time to cut it out.. My hands are not that steady.. Really pretty colors.. Great job Kristine...Your message was very inspirational. We had tornadoes here yesterday and my dog sensed them long before they arrived.. Animals have such an inner instinct.. I love the scripture this week.

peggysue said...

Wow this is one gorgeous card, such lovely framing of the cross. And what dedicated cutting and coloring, the flowers are beautiful!

Becky said...

This is just stunning.. Love the colors and the whole design.

Marcia said...

Oh wow, this is STUNNING I tell you. Beautiful, alwaya amazing me!

:) Marcia

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

OHhhh, my goodness, Kristine!! This is gorgeous! Kel :)