Sunday, March 21, 2010

SSCC31 - A C.A.S. Challenge

Good morning! Today is Ceal's turn to challenge us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! She picked this verse to share:

Psalm 51:7-10 "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness, let the bones you have crushed rejoice. Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spririt within me."

And her challenge is for us to make a clean and simple card. I made not one but 3 cards for this challenge! Of course, everyone is going to have their own ideas of what constitutes "clean and simple" for them. To me, it's not a lot of coloring in images or lots of embellishments and layers. Soooo hard! LOL. Here's what I came up with...


This first one I made using this new digital stamp called Easter Cross from McMahon Five Designs, and get this... it's on sale right now for only $1.99!! I also used some walnut wood for the cross (I printed the cross directly onto the wood in my printer) and for the strip down the side. My image may not be very clean and simple, but my overall card is with no added layers behind the image or ribbons and pearls etc.
For this next card you may be thinking this is not "clean and simple" but what I was thinking was how quick and easy this was to put together. I started with some black/white DP and added some ribbon. Then I stamped my sentiment and cut some c.s. with nesties. This cross is from the gorgeous stamp set called Gothic Crosses from Layers of Color and I just added a bit of teal w.c. pencil to it and cut it out and that's all... you get an elegant look but not a lot of fuss!

... and for my last card, I used the newly released stamp set called Fruitful Harvest by Layers of Color and went for the Toile look. I stamped the large stamp all over the background and the smaller fruit bowl for my focal image.

I hope you all will try a CAS card this week and come enter our challenge! Our sponsor is once again Simon Says Stamp who is donating a really fun girly ballet stamp set called Heather's Dance. You will have until Saturday night to enter!

15 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - you have been one busy girl! I love all of your cards, they are so different from one another and each fabulous in it's own way!! I battle with CAS, but figure if it is less than you would normally do - then it has to be CAS!! I love the image on the wood paper in the first, the gorgeous Harlequin Cross and that fabulous sentiment in the second, the Paper Toile on the third - you inspire me Kristine - love these! {{{hugs}}}
Linda LOC Design Team

Laurie said...

WOW! I love each of your cards, Kristine. I thought the first one was great - love the wood paper, but was pleasantly surprised to see two more beautiful cards when I came to your blog. Hugs, Laurie

Randi said...

You are such a busy stamper my dear! Your CAS is my all dressed up cards. LOL. They are all just wonderful. I am still amazed that you made so many cards for SSCC and your other DTs AND managed to rework our new blog design!!! Whew am I tired and inspired by all you do.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

wow...what a beautiful combo of cards! I especially love how the first one's DP coordinates with the wood of the cross. SO pretty!

Candace said...

Kris, these cards are GORGEOUS! I love how you used the wood on the first one. The second one is just stunning, and I love the all red and white look of the third. Wow! I hope you have a great week!

Kathy Winter said...

Wow!! I can't believe you made 3 CAS cards. They are all beautiful and so different. Love them all.

Lori said...

Super variety of cards! They are all fabulous. The colors are so pretty for each.

Danni said...

Such beautiful cards!

Ceal said...

Wow Kristine! they are all beautiful. I have to say my favorite of them is the cross! It is a CAS card and so pretty! love your coloring.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Very nicely done with all 3 cards, Kris!! I love the CAS design of the first one, the pretty black and white look of the second and the toile look is terrific on the third as well. All very different, but all beautiful, too! GREAT job, girl! :)

MariLynn said...

Kristine, I love all three of your Clean and Simple cards. My favorite one was the mononchromatic one with the LOC fruit. I love how the fruit looks as a background as well as the focal point.

Tamie said...

all of these cards are beautiful,very simple but beautiful. I really love the cross it is amazing. Thanks for your inspiration.

Helen said...

Beautiful! I think the middle one with the blue is my favorite, but they are all 3 gorgeous!
Blessings!
~H

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yowser! Three beautiful cards!!! You go girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.