Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Layers of Color Spring Sneak Peeks Start NOW!

This is my second post for today. If you are looking for my LaLa Land Crafts Challenge post, please click here or scroll down.

Woohooo!! The sneak peeks have begun!! We are so EGG-cited at Layers of Color because we are releasing four [4] awesome new stamp sets on March 15th!!

So today, and every day until the release, the DT will be showcasing projects made with these new sets. More great news!! You will have a chance to win all 4 of the new release stamp sets, so stay tuned for that on the 15th! Today we are showcasing the Vintage Rose set.

Romantic Vintage Rose Basket
I found a great tutorial yesterday on how to create this easy basket. (I started with a 9x9 instead of 6x6 though.) The paper I used is from K&Co.'s "Ancestry" 12x12 pack.
I watercolored the roses on thick 140 lb. wc paper and added stickles for highlights. The two individual roses are covering up the brads that hold the handles on and allow them to swing open.
And now, you've GOT to meet our new Guest Designer, Abby Bastedo of Abby's Garden!! She is amazingly talented has created a gorgeous femininely soft romantic purse with this Vintage Rose set. In fact, all of the girls have created some fab projects to share today, so I do hope you'll share in our excitement for this new release by stopping by our Design Team's blogs and be inspired!!

One more EGG-citing thing to share with you: I'm HOT! (lol) I just saw that my roses that I used for this basket is "What's Hot" on the LOC store front page today!! Yay Me!! LOL. I'm so excited to have my artwork showcased like this... well okay, wouldn't anyone?!! ;) THANKS A "BUNCH" Laura!!

20 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Kristine, this turned out AMAZING! I love your coloring of the roses and how you used the punched border for the straps. Too cute! Just a gorgeous piece! Have a blessed day!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow Kristine, you have taken to the LOC images like a 'duck to water!' This is just stunning! I Love your basket and those DIVINE roses on the front - you have added gorgeous shimmer - fabulous Kristine! God bless you my friend - I can't wait to see what else you do! {{{hugs}}}

Becky said...

This is one beautiful basket. Love the roses.

Kim Yu said...

Lvoe your basket, Kristine! So beautiful! I am going to have to try one of these one day! Thanks for the inspiration!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

OOoo, Kristine your work is AMAZING! It's so gorgeous, I want to wear a dress just like it, wouldn't that be stunning!? :0)

I praise the Lord for bringing you to our team! Thank you for sharing your talents and inspiring the world~

Rosie hugs to you!

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. I love how your roses look.

Lisa Foster said...

Oh My! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs,
Lisa

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

Kristine this is so beautiful I love the color scheme you used it is vintage and soooo yum! Great job miss!Heather

Barbara Hagerty said...

This is so beautiful, I just can't get enough of it!! Gorgeous colors, and the LOC roses are exquisite!!

Joanne Travis said...

Awesome work, I really love this style.

Lori said...

Your roses are spectacular!

Abby's Garden said...

Wow Kristine your basket is beautiful! I love how you colored the roses with varying colors....so creative. And the touch of glitter adds a wonderful touch of elegance!

Diane said...

Wowzers Kristine!!! This basket is oh sooo stunning!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

What a gorgeous basket!!! I love the vintage feel of it - it reminds me of my wonderful Grandma and her love of pretty things!
xXx

Dawn B. said...

Kristine this is beautiful. I LOVE the roses and the lace handles... I am so happy that you got it figured out.. I went back and edited it.. Your basket is so elegant and "HOT"..hehe. Great job.. Thanks for letting me know you figured it out and I could not be happier to see that it worked..Hugs.

Grace said...

Wow Christine this is amazing!!! I love this basket and the roses are beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic and you just blow me away with your creativity!!!

Jane Matsumoto said...

Stunning!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

OOo, I had to take a second peek at this work of art, WOW!

Helen said...

This is the most beautiful basket I've ever seen! I love the design of the handles and the paper is lovely! Those roses are beautiful and I love the bit of sparkle on them!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You are smokin' HOT!!!

Gorgeous vintage basket!