Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge - Go Green!

Hello! Welcome to another fun challenge in LaLa Land! But before I get to that I want to point out that we made some changes over there for the challenges and many players didn't read the new requirements--Uh Oh! *giggle* You are now required to use a stamp or digi from LaLa Land Crafts store to be eligible to win the $10 GC or be awarded our Top 3 badge! What's that you say?? You don't HAVE any LaLas yet??!! That's okay! Because you can now buy our latest Spring release stamps in DIGI form so they come to your inbox right away!! How fun! *Ü*

So now that THAT'S out of the way... let's get to today's challenge: Go Green! WAIT... STOP!!! It's not the color green that we're talking about! The lovely Elena wants us to use RECYCLED items on our cards! Try to find something you would have thrown away... bubble wrap, a page out of an old book, buttons or lace from old clothing, cardboard, etc. Lots of ideas on the Challenge Blog, so be sure to check that out AND see all the fabulous DT's cards!!
I used this cute girl stamp named Portia along with some gorgeous DP that Irina sent me in my DT package... isn't it lovely?! I CASED (sorta) my coloring of her from a beautiful card sent to me from Kathy, aka. distressed stamper! For my recycled item, I punched some flowers out of a page from an old hymn book and distressed them. You can't see it here but the bottom layer is a scallop circle punched out of peach c.s. The sketch I used is from this week's Mojo Monday.

Thanks for dropping by! OH! Before I forget... Pirate LaLa is the special of the week! You can purchase her for 20% OFF this week!

11 comments:

vanzare apartamente said...

Go green !!! an exceptional idea.
PS: I think you are quite creative when it comes to challenges ;)

Crystal said...

Wow Kristine look at all those stunning details....WOW that image is just soooooo sweet!!! Another gorgeous creation girl!

1LuvnMama said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous Kristine! Luv the use of your materials!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

15 new posts?????? Where have I been????

Okay, now her skirt definitely looks coral. Such a pretty card, Kris. And I love your recycled flower.

Sparkle said...

This is just darling!

Jana Weaver said...

Gorgeous!! Love the flower - those seem to be popular today!! ;-) and your lace is lovely!

Kim Yu said...

Hi, Kristine! I was trying to leave a comment earlier today but couldn't so I am not even sure if it got saved. Anyway...
Your card is so pretty to look at! I love all the details and love the flower! :D

Debbie Pamment said...

WOWsers girl - this is one amazing creation! What fabulous details!
LOVE IT!
xXx

theneon said...

This is just delightful Kristine -- the recycled flower is great. And,I guess hymnals are pretty much a thing of the past with all the praise songs these days.

BananaStamper said...

So cute! I adore that flower you made!
Shanna :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how cute Kristine!! sweet image and gorgeous coloring and design!! Love your flower!
hugs girl!!
Chris