Saturday, March 27, 2010

KLSNS Challenge: Boxes-n- Baskets

Happy Saturday!! I have a a FUN project to share today as well as some really great news!! Ok, first, the good news... this week at KL Stampin N' Scrappin we not only have a fun challenge but you will have a chance to win a surprise Easter package worth $15-20!! *Ü*

And now for the challenge: It's my turn to host the challenge and I figured with Easter fast approaching this might be a good time to make a box or basket for someone. There's lots of possibilities! Splitcoast Stampers resource page offers lots of tutorials to help you out.

I decided since I've made a few baskets recently, that I'd attempt one of these 4-drawer easel cards! This adorable Gillian Roberts stamp is available at KLSNS here.

For my card front, I used this Sweet Stop Sketch with a twist: fuzzy wuzzy.
*Note: I used brown glittery fun flock for the teddybear.
{Fuzzy Wuzzy Teddybear}

I saw this tutorial by my friend Chris Olsen, and in reading it I realized that she used a Sizzix die to make the drawers. I don't have that, so I made my own version for the drawers, using simple origami box instructions. I will be posting a tutorial for my version that anyone can try this Wednesday at KL Stampin N Scrappin!

I hope you'll come on over to the challenge blog to see what our design team has created to inspire you and enter to win our prize pack this week!! There's also store coupons over there too ;) What are you waiting for?!

16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a gorgeous 4 drawer box card Kristine!! I love the sweet image, your colors and design!! Love everything about it!
hugs,
Chris

Patti said...

OMGosh this is so cool! Into my "must try" folder it goes!

Crystal said...

Kristine WOW this is FANTASTIC LOVE IT girl!!!!

Risa said...

Oh Kristine...your project is FABULOUS! Talk about super awesomeness and your image is fabulous as well! Super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Tracey said...

WOW! Kristine this is stunning & I love the easel top to these drawers, reminds me of a cute dressing table without the mirror lol. Love the bright & cheerful colours you've used too:)

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
x

MariLynn said...

Kristine, this is awesome. I hadn't seen the 4 drawer easel cards before. Now you know I want to go make one! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ohh my goodness, Kristine. Your colors are amazing. Your 4-drawer easel creation has blown me away!! :) Great job, girl!! I can't wait to see how you created it on Wednesday's Stampin N Scrappin day with YOU! Hugs, Kelly

Lori said...

The box/card is awesome! Great job with Chris's tutorial, great isn't it? Hope to get to it one of these days.

Jacilynn said...

this is amazing! It really is a stunning project and looks like tons of detail. I need to find some patience to do a really detailed project like this! You've inspired me.
x

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - this is just adorable - L-O-V-E the drawers, I am glad you are giving a tutorial on these as I don't have the Dies (or the Sissix) for that matter) so will be watching eagerly! Love that image - adorable Kris and the colours are perfect! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Debbie Pamment said...

This is just amazing - love your fluffy teddy bear! I think this image is soooo cute - I bought it only last week!
xXx

Rose Ann said...

How darling is that image, and what an awesome box!! I love this, Kristine!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh this is so cute! That box must have taken ages, but it soooo worth it!!!

Cheryl said...

Wow - this box is really cool! I need to check into how to make one. You decorated it so sweetly. The image is adorable.

kat9 said...

Wow Kristine, this is really beautiful. I have seen this box before... I think in the Magnolia Magazine but have been afraid to try it. I may just have to.
Love it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.