Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ceal!!

Today we have a new challenge at La-La Land Crafts and I'm hosting!!

Also... today is my DT sister and friend, Ceal Pritchett's Birthday & we (at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges) are throwing her a surprise birthday blog hop!!

If you arrived here from Kathy's Blog then you're in the right place! If not, please start this short hop at SSCC blog.

Here is the birthday card I made for Ceal's birthday celebration... because she is "One Sweet Chick!" *Ü*

My La-La challenge this week is to use a LLLC stamp OR digi and PAPER PIECE it!! One player will WIN this Rosie with Bird that I've used on my card! *Ü* Be sure stop over to the challenge blog and see what CUTE cards our LaLa girls have whipped up for you this week!

I've also brought my favorite recipe of all time... Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips for all to enjoy at this "Sweet" party!! *Ü*
Yes, I've actually made this in REAL LIFE and it is SOOOOOOO yummy!! So, I decided that I am going to share this recipe with you all!

Annie's Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Ingredients
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
1 tablespoons white sugar (opt'l)
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 cups cinnamon sugar

Directions
In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, sugar, and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).


Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.

Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.


♫ Happy Birthday to you Ceal!! Hope your day is extra Sweet! ♫

Your Next Stop is LISA's - The Craft's Meow

20 comments:

1LuvnMama said...

Kristine,
Thanks for this challenge! :) Your card came out awesome! And luv the sentiment . . . that's so clever!

Crystal said...

That looks yummy, Kristine ! Will try this ... thanks for sharing ! Love your card and those pretty Spring colors !

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh she is Darling, I love her little dress.

Stephanie said...

I love the card!! It is adorable!! And the salsa looks fantastic. I've had something similar & it is yummy!

Candace said...

Your card is adorable! I love paper-piecing! I love cinnamon chips, too! Thanks for the recipe! :)

Helen said...

Beautiful card! I love Rosie's dress! I'm so glad you shared the recipe with us! I was hoping you would! Have a wonderful day!
Blessings!
~H

peggysue said...

You talked to your sister and both paper pieced the dresses, didn't you? So cute! Love the little polka dots.

MariLynn said...

I love the little paper pieced dress. It reminds me of a dress I had in the 70's. That fruit salsa looks and sounds yummy. Going to have to try it.

Sparkle said...

Such a lovely card and your recipe sounds delicious!

Kim Yu said...

what a darling card, Kristine! Everything is perfect! Thanks for a great challenge!

Grace said...

Ooooh yummy Kristine!Love your card and the recipe sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jana Weaver said...

She's adorable Kristine...LOVE the paper you pieced her dress with! And that fruit salad looks YUM-MY!

Kathy Winter said...

Love the card Kris, and the fruit salad looks delicious!! I'm definately writing this one down:)

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun birthday card...and a yummy recipe!

Lorie said...

Hi Kristine!
Oh my mouth is watering, both from the yummy recipe and your wonderful card! Ceal is such a lucky girl!!

Love and hugs,
Lorie

Elena said...

Adorable card, Kristine! I really love how Rosie's dress looks like!
Thank you so much for the fun challenge this week!
And thank you for sharing delicious recipe! :)

Marcia said...

I love this and thank you for the recipe.

:) Marcia

Randi said...

I made a copy of this yummy looking salsa. I love fruit! Your card is perfect!!! AND beautiful!!!

Seleise said...

I love fruit salsa. My recipe is almost the same. thanks for the reminder! yum!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Wow, that fruit salsa looks so yummy! And so does your card! That's one of my favorite LLLC images for sure.