Sunday, February 21, 2010

SSCC #27 - Denoting Time

Good Morning inky friends!! Time for another Scripture challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. Our hostess today is Lovely Laurie who chose this passage to share:



Esther 4:14 “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?”



and the challenge is to use a time piece or in some way denote time.

There's a hymn we used to sing in church called "In His Time" and I found a copy of it so I printed it onto some DP and created another "medallion frame"-- this time in a rectangle shape. HERE. I then raised the frame with pop dots and decorated with this chickadee from Backyard Birds, and the flowers from Merci Bouqet (both from Layers of Color).

Hope you will pop on over to our challenge blog and read about Laurie's challenge and see what our Design Team created!! Our Sponsor this week is Designed2Delight!!



24 comments:

Linda B said...

What a beautiful card! I love the use of the hymn.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - I love this piece of art. I also love the song you have used - IN HIS TIME - that is what it comes down to isn't it!! This is fabulous, the chickadee looks perfect and is that a little bit of sparkle I see on his wings - fabulous! Love the Merci Bouquet too - such a perfect piece for this challenge. I have mine started...will see you over at SSIC soon! {{{hugs}}}

Laurie said...

I LOVE your card....very elegant and warm feeling. This song is one of my favorite 'oldies.' Hugs, Laurie

Kathy Winter said...

Absolutely beautiful Kris! Love the frame around the song and the bird is gorgeous. LOC is lucky to have you on their DT:)

Kristen said...

Stunning!!!!! Your whole card is gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

Hi Kristine!! Wow!! So gorgeous!! What stunning detail my friend!! Love your colors and sparkle in this!! It's so good to see you again!! I've missed you!! HUGS

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wowwww, Kris, this is stunning! You are creating such elegant things lately with these lovely bird stamps. I am in awe.

Kim Yu said...

This is so pretty, Kristine! Love the vintage look!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lori said...

Oh, Kristine! Your bird is beautiful!!!!

Ceal said...

Beautiful Stunning card! I love that frame and the sheet music ! where did you find that frame?

BananaStamper said...

Oh, there is that beautiful little birdie again! I just love him! Fantastic project. I love how you printed the hymn on patterned paper, looks fabulous!
Shanna :)

Debbie Pamment said...

I have no words - my jaw is hanging open and I can't speak!!! All I can think is STUNNING!!!!
xXx

Irina said...

WOW!! Another absolutely stunning card!! Girl, you are on the roll!!!!

Risa said...

Wow....what a beautiful card Kristine! I love your DP and the bird is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Kristine!!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

A real stunner, Kristine!! Totally B-U-TEE-FULL!!

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I especially love the pearls! Such a unique & awesome idea for this challenge!
Blessings!
~H

Davi said...

Beautiful song love how you printed it onto the dp and the frame around it with the bird!

peggysue said...

I cannot imagine the amount of time it took to make that framing. There is so much lovely detail in this card, not the least the coloring on the bird perched on the side of the music. Sooo pretty!

Seleise said...

how pretty! love the music printed on dp!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful - love the colors and the flourish border!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is pure loveliness, no doubt about it. LOC stamps were made for you!

tala1947 said...

I am interested in how you created the medallion frame for this piece. Can you share the info?