Sunday, February 14, 2010

SSCC #26 I John 4:10

Happy Valentine's Sunday, everyone! Today we have a fun challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and we'd love for you to come play along!!
Our hostess is the lovely Ceal who chose this verse to share:

1 John 4:10 "This is real love—not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."

and our challenge is to make a card or project for someone you love letting them know how much God loves them.

After a couple of (failed) attempts at a card yesterday, I decided to try one of these cute little Bucket Handbags, which was the TLC (technique lovers challenge) at SCS a couple weeks ago. There is a downloadable template there as well and it is really easy to make.
I used my new stamp sets from Layers of Color, "Backyard Birds" and "Her Majesty's Urns" and then printed the verse with a message using my computer. This one is going to our Children's Director at church because she does a WONDERFUL job with our kids and with Valentine's Day tomorrow, I wanted to give her a little something too!

Thanks again to Laura (of LOC) for sending me the fun set, "Her Majesty's Urns" for my birthday! They work perfectly as birdbaths *Ü* And thank you to Irina (of LaLa Land Crafts) for this gorgeous doublesided cross-stitch DP! *Ü* Now it's your turn to create something for someone you love, letting them know how much God loves them. For more inspiration, please visit our challenge blog and see what our Design Team has made!!

♥ ♥ ♥ Happy Valentine's Day ♥ ♥ ♥

14 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Kristine,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Risa said...

Oh wow....what a beautiful basket Kristine! Your DP and love birds are beautiful! Thank you for sharing the link to the download, I really need to try this.
Happy Valentine's Day ♥
Risa:)

Sparkle said...

What a lovely project! I love those birdies!

Kim Yu said...

Awesome bag, Kristine! Happy Valentine's Day!

Kathy Winter said...

Hey there. Love this bucket handbag. And the coloring and images are awsome.

Randi said...

OK... you got me interested in doing the purse. Those birds are beautiful and the bits of bling add so much to the urn. Beautiful job!! Did you watercolor it or use Copics? Happy Valentine's Day!

Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful! Colors and coloring are perfect with the dp.

Patti said...

This is so awesome! I really need to try one!

Candace said...

Kristine, this is sooo awesome!!! This bag is just perfect. That cross-stich paper is so cool! The recipient is going to LOVE it! Have a great week and Happy Valentine's Day!! By the way, your blog is looking beautiful!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh, you are killing me with this one!!! The moment I saw it, my jaw dropped. You've done an amazing job with this Kris... so eye catching! A wonderful blend of colors and images. Bravo!!!!

Love ya!
Lisa

peggysue said...

The colors on this are so beautiful, my jaw dropped too when I saw it, I think Lisa's and mine both went 'clunk' on the floor at the same time. Great job combining sets and I'm sure the children's director is really going to appreciate this gift.

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous bag, Kristine!! I love the papers and how you've colored those pretty birds and urn!!

Helen said...

This is gorgeous! What a neat project and those birds are so pretty! I love the dp and that sentiment is awesome! Very awesome!
Blessings!
~H

theneon said...

This is a delight!