Sunday, February 07, 2010

SSCC #25 Mark 10:7-8

Good Morning, I'm so glad it's Sunday today! My one day a week to relax and get spiritually fed. It's been a busy week, so I'm looking forward to today. One of my favorite things to do on Sunday morning is to go check out the new Scripture challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges. It's always full of inspiration. This week my DT sister, Randi is hostess and she chose this verse to share:

Mark 10: 7-8 "7. 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8. and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. 9. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." (NASB)

And her challenge for us is to use 2 of everything you use to make your one card! (ie. 2 DPs, 2 images, 2 ribbons, you get the point!) I made a card for my mom using some of my all-time favorite stamps by Layers of Color; Backyard Birds & Merci Bouquet. I have to show you an upclose shot of my birds. I love the way these turned out!! I started out coloring his underbelly and part of the wings and tail with a light pink Copic marker. Then, I didn't have any light brown Copics, so I rubbed a cotton swab in my chalk Pastels and rubbed the browns on. Then I experimented by using my colorless Copic blender pen and went over all of it in tiny circles which gave it this cool feathery look! And to add a bit more interest I added some white highlights with my Signo gel pen.
Then to enhance the flowers and leaves I used my white pen & clear stardust gellyroll pen which actually looks gold when the light hits. I also used our challenge this week at KL Stampin N' Scrappin, which is Paper Tole! I stamped both sets of bouquets directly on the green DP and then stamped it again on white and popped it up. Such a fun challenge--I love that look.
Pop on over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the Design Team made!! Our sponsor this week is Digital Ink Co., who also donated some digi stamps to our DT to use this week, (some super cute ones) so be sure to check those out! Have a wonderful Sunday!! *Ü*

------------------------------------------------------

Card Deets:
Paper: Mariposa (DCWV); white & Moss cardstock (SU!)
Accessories: Black pearl flourishes (M5D); Rub ons (?); gold heart charm; gold cording; clear stardust gellyroll pen; Signo white gel pen; sewing machine/thread
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento

21 comments:

Susie said...

Beautiful card. Love the birds. Thanks for the tips on coloring and highlighting them.

Candace said...

Kristine, this is STUNNING! Your coloring work on those birds is awesome. It is so detailed! Beautiful job on this card! Have a great week!!

BananaStamper said...

Good morning Kristine! Love your fab coloring on your birdies! Wow, do they ever look great! Hope you have a fabulous Sunday!
Shanna :)

Lori said...

Beautiful birds indeed! This is a sweet card, makes me miss my mom. Enjoy your day.

joey said...

Hi Kristine

this is beautiful, your colour choice works so perfectly.

Joey.x

Kathy Winter said...

Hi sis. Love this card! MOM is gonna love it too:) The bird looks awsome as well as the florals

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Traci M said...

This is beautifully done, I love your color selection and layout! Thanks for sharing your bird feathering tip, I'll have to try that! Wonderful ijspiration card for the SSIC challenge this week!

Lovely Linda said...

Kristine - this is just adorable - I love the images you have used and that gorgeous HEART...love the colours - your colouring is perfect! You have brought so many elements together beautifully! Thanks for inspiring me! {{{hugs}}}

Judy said...

Hi Kristine,

Judy here from Digital-Ink Co. Wow what a gorgeous card!! I love it,and I'm love your blog and am now a follower as well. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I do hope you'll stop by and visit another Christian sometime.

Lots of love,
Judy aka M&M Designz

peggysue said...

I'm glad you gave a closeup of the bird, with the highlighting on the wings wtih the gel pen, what a great idea. This is such a pretty card, I am sure your mom is going to love it.

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Beautiful images and shades of color within those images. I love it! :) Kel

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is fabulous.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Another lovely card! I especially love those black rhinestone swirls... you know me and bling! And I know I still owe you a challenge card using LOC stamps. I'd better get to it!

Hugs,
Lisa

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous! I love all of your perfect details! Such pretty birds & flowers, and perfect coloring!!

Risa said...

Wow...what a beautiful card! I love everything about, just gorgeous!
hugs
Risa:)

Helen said...

That is so pretty! I love all the details and that dp was perfect! I also really like your "bling", so cool!
Blessings!
~H

theneon said...

This is what I came over for-- a better look at this gorgeous card. What a surprise to see it is an easel card! All the more lovely.

Cass said...

Wow, you have been blessed with creativity hun! This card is just beautiful, the locket really brings it all together!

Laurie said...

You did some big time work on this one, Kris. It is sooo pretty. Each element is a wonderful touch.

Randi said...

You made this challenge look simple and stunning! The little locket is just perfect for this card. Wonderful coloring as usual. Have a great birthday tomorrow!