Friday, February 19, 2010

Rise and Shine - Side Step Card

What's cuter than 3 yellow chickies? How 'bout 3 yellow chickies behind a white picket fence? *Ü* I just think these li'l chickies are the cutest! I give so much credit to Laura Kirste Campbell, designer of these super cute stamps! They are from a set called Rise and Shine from Layers of Color. If you like these chicks, go ahead and click on the link to see the rest of the stamps in this set. *Ü*
This is another side step card, which was our TLC #257 over at SCS a few weeks ago. Very fun and easy to create. I wanted to print a sentiment and the first thing that popped into my head (being the music lover that I am) was this worship song inspired by Psalm 113:3, so I printed the verse/song onto blush c.s. and cut out using my Nestabilities. I also cut most of the green Nestie layer from the base card--it was tricky, but it worked! However, when you see the card from the back, there's a nestie hole cut out of the back of the card because it flips up, does that make sense? I already gave this one away, so I can't show you. But anyway.
That's what I got for today! LOL. Hope you likey... and hope you get time to INK SOMETHING!!
And have a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow with a new challenge for KLSNS!

15 comments:

Candace said...

I love it! We raise chickens at our house, so I've wanted this set for awhile now. I just need to get it. Beautiful card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your images and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irina said...

You blew me away with this card Kristine!!! AGAIN!! You are just so clever!!

Jacilynn said...

gorgeous! I love these chicks. super cute Kristine!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine - those chicks are just adorable and you have made them even moreso!! I love the layout and that gorgeous picket fence - you are so creative with the Layers of Color images Kristine - GORGEOUS (oh, and the card is too!) The scripture is a great touch! I love this!
Linda LOC Design Team

Kathy Winter said...

Love this set Kris. Your card is fabulous:)

Danni said...

What a neat card!Awesome job!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet side step card!!! I just love your design!! Your picket fence and those sweet chicks!! Gorgeous design Kristine!! You are such an inspiration!!
Have a great weekend!!!
hugs,
Chris

peggysue said...

Oh my those little chicks are the cutest and they look so sweet with the layout and that little picket fence. A 3-D work of art!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...that is the cutest, Kristine!! Perfect style card for those sweet images!!

Lori said...

I love this style of card! The chicks are adorable, what a country feeling card. Reminds me of when I was a kid down on the farm! Really makes me smile, thanks.

Sue from Oregon said...

Great great great card!

theneon said...

I was "farm" raised so I am always gravitating towards images of chickens of all kinds -- since I no longer have to feed, gather eggs, and dress them! Great card -- clever with the fence and the Psalm is perfect.

Seleise said...

super cute - love the scene and the picket fence finishes it perfectly! great card!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

You're killing me now!!!! I can't come up with any suitable words. Kristine, I bow to your awesomeness.

What's the link to the side step card technique? You know me, too lazy to look it up for myself.

Love ya!
Lisa