Monday, February 08, 2010

A New DT and an Easel Card

Good Morning!! I'm so excited to share this HUGE NEWS with you all! I've been asked to join the wonderful Christian Stamp Company called Layers of Color!! If you've never been to see their store and galleries, you simply MUST take a look! Once you get started, you might find yourself over there for hours as their stamp sets are wonderful and the Design Team's galleries are so full of inspiration. Speaking of galleries... my Paperarts Gallery is NOW OPEN!! Please pop on over and take a look! *Ü*

Laura Kirste Campbell is the stamp designer and owner of Layers of Color, along with her hubby Mark... and their daughter Jessica is involved in the company as well! I first "met" Laura a few months ago over at my challenge blog Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges and we made friends right away. Linda Lucas, a.k.a. Lovely Linda, is also on the Design Team and I have enjoyed our growing friendship as well these past few months, but especially since joining this team! Also designing for LOC is Heather Wombacher, and Patter Cross. I am so excited to get to know these women, my sisters in Christ better as well.

If you missed my post yesterday, I shared a card I made using Layers of Color stamps for my mom and entered it in our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge. And today I'd like to share another using the Regal Birds set and Butterfly Collector set.
I stamped the bird directly onto the DP and then filled him in with feathery streaks with a white gel pen. The butterflies were stamped in VersaMark and sponged with chalk pastels and highlighted with a clear glitter pen. Then I popped them up just in the middle and added some black pearls to the centers. (you can always click the pic to enlarge for detail)
Before I go, I want to share a little story about this card. God works in mysterious ways at times, and today was no exception! Well, I had this card made days ago for nobody in particular (although I was sure I'd find someone to give it to some day) but right before heading to church, I felt like I should go get it real quick, stick it in an envelope and put it in my purse. The inside was still blank and I really didn't know why I was taking it! But anyway, these last couple of months I've been helping in the children's department but today I felt led to stay in the worship service, so I did. There happened to be a young mom sitting in front of me who looked very down. As soon as I sat down, someone was asking her how she was doing and she was very quiet and answered very hesitantly about having a heavy heart. Later as I was listening to the sermon, I couldn't help but think about that card in my purse--and that THIS must be the reason I was prompted to take it today. Coincidence? I think not. The Lord knows what He's doing ;) So I got out my card and wrote a little note in it and gave this to her after church. She doesn't know me, but I know that it was God using my card as a way to minister to her in a way that maybe she really needed at the time. If nothing else to let her know that God DOES care and has just shown her His love through someone she didn't even know. I'm humbled at the thought--I take no credit, but give the glory to God. Another reason I am so excited about Joining Layers of Color... to use this craft as an outreach and ministry.

Thanks again Laura for this amazing opportunity to join your company... and to Linda as our DT Coordinator for seeing something special in my work too! You all are a blessing and I am excited to see what the Lord will do this year at LOC!! *Ü*

24 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the colors and design.

*Alison* said...

they are so lucky to have you :) you are so talented.. What a fun treat... Congrats.. HUGS

Basement Stamper said...

Congrats on the new DT, very well deserved! I love your creation, it's stunning! The buttefly for it is perfect.

Laura - Layers of Color said...

OH, we are the ones who are blessed by your talents and friendship, Kristine! WELCOME to our Layers of Color family! What a JOY it is to have you join us! And may God be glorified in all we do together!!

Sparkle said...

Congrats and such a lovely card!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,i love your papers and colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kristine, I am so relieved that your announcment has been made!! LOL! It is such a blessing to have you as part of the Team, I know that God will bless you as you are such a blessing to us. You know your art work inspires me - you are an amzing artist my friend!! Welcome aboard!!! {{{hugs}}}

Crystal said...

huge Congrats Kristine!! WOW what a beautiful card girl!!! Stunning work!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Oh my, Kristine. Your story really touched my heart. You are such a kind, generous person, and I am positive the Lord was working through you like he does almost everyday when you touch our lives as well as others who are physically within your reach. What a beautiful story of ministry through your card making. I am often told by others at my church that my cards are a ministry to others. I never really thought of it that way but just a way to let them know how much I care and how much our Lord and Savior cares as well. I was enlightened to read those same words here on your blog.

We are all so truly blessed to have you in our lives. I am thrilled to see you on another design team. Enjoy your time with the LOC family. :) Kelly

Lori said...

Congratulations! This is a fantastic card, like how you stamped directly onto the dp.

Kristen said...

Congrats Kristine. Well deserved. GGreat story about the card as well. Thanls you for sharing.

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

HI Kristine! I love this story. Isn't great to be able to use your gifts to point others to Christ?!!! I am so glad you heard the Lord's prompting. Love the card it is beautiful I know the person who received it was blessed by it. Heather

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm so happy for you Kris... LOC is an awesome stamp line and an awesome group of Godly people. What more could you ask for? And your story really touches my heart. We just need to listen in order to hear the Holy Spirit. The proof of God is everywhere!

Hugs and high fives, plus lots of love,

Lisa

P.S. And of course your card is a STUNNER!!!

Cami said...

Kristine, this is a very beautiful card, created by a gal with a beautiful heart and given to someone to brighten her day. This is just like you, the spirit of caring and sharing. I, myself, am very grateful for having been able to work with you and I'll never forget your endless help with all my questions, and your patience. Great card and congrats on joining the Layers of Colors DT! Cami

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,that is fabulous!
Congratulations! They are fortunate to have you as a DT member! Your work is superb!
I have goose bumps after reading your story in Church! You are so right,God works in wonderful ways!
I'm sure you made that woman's day!
YOU ARE ONE SPECIAL PERSON!!!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations, Kristine! Your card is beautiful!!

Risa said...

Congratulations on your new DT Kristine! Your cards are fabulous and you are very deserving!
Speaking of fabulous, your card is stunning!! I LOVE the detailing and fabulous rich colors!
hugs
Risa:)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card! It's so elegant and I love the butterflies! This team is so blessed to have you join them! I'm so proud of you!
Blessings!
~H

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats Kristine!!! You are so deserving!!! What an awesome group of Christian gals to work with and a beautiful stamp store as well. I am so excited for you!!

Your card is so rich and stunning!! Beautiful design and colors!! LOC is so lucky to have you!!

big hugs,
Chris

BananaStamper said...

A beautiful card Kristine and a beautiful story! Congrats on your new DT!
Shanna :)

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on your new DT assignment! I love this beautiful card - and how wonderful you found a perfect place for it with someone in need of it's message! I haven't seen this company before - I'm hopping right over to check it out!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Kristine, this is just so beautiful. :)

Brocéliane said...

wonderful card :)

Cass said...

Wow, this card is gorgeous! I love the colors you chose , so many textures, it's just stunning!

I am having a card giveaway and I'd love for you to stop by.