Wednesday, February 10, 2010

LLWWC25 - No Designer Paper

Happy Wednesday everyone!!  It's time for another LaLa Weekly Wednesday Challenge!! 

I'm excited to say that our hostess this week is {my bbff} Lisa Hjulberg who has a whopper of a challenge for us--NO DESIGNER PAPER!  But I know you can do it!!  Think cuttlebug... think distressed edges... think doodling some borders!  There's lots of possibilities!  If you'd like more inspiration, please hop on over to our challenge blog and see what our Design Team has whipped up! 
For my card I used this super cute Love Note Rosie, a new release this month! I drew in a little black railing, and as you can see in this bottom picture. I placed her on the inside so it looks like you're looking through the window at her out on the balcony! For my card I used this super cute Love Note Rosie, a new release this month! I drew in a little black railing, and as you can see in this bottom picture. I placed her on the inside so it looks like you're looking through the window at her out on the balcony!

I hope you'll come on over to see what the DT made and enter to win a free stamp from LaLa Land Crafts! 

19 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Kristine this is sooooo cute, what a cutie she is and you did an amazing job with no dp, love the embossing!!!!

Kathy said...

Such a pretty card Kristine! I see you had no problem with the no DP paper!!!! Love the embossing and your window is just gorgeous!! Rosie is as well!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
:)Kathy

Kathy Winter said...

oh this is sooo cute Kris. I love the way you added the railings and made her appear to be hanging out a window. Awsome:)

BananaStamper said...

Such a fun card and no patterned paper! LOVE that border punch too!
Shanna :)

Julia Aston said...

what a great card! love the cut out frame and that sweet little image!

Becky said...

Gorgeous card..Beautiful coloring and awesome layout, love this open widow.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

hugs Riet.xx

theneon said...

So very clever -- and see, there are beautiful cards without designer paper.

Elena said...

Wow! Amazing card, Kristine! I love, love the window you cut out! Embossed hearts along with border look so well together! Love the ribbons you added and pearls!

Kim Yu said...

sweet, Kristine! Awesome take on this week's challenge!

Sparkle said...

Such a darling card!

Rose Ann said...

You've done a wonderful job with the challenge, Kristine! She is beautiful, and I love the window!! Fabulous texture and pretty pearls too!

Helen said...

Too cute! And, a difficult, but fun challenge! I love your card.
Blessings!
~H

NoraAnne said...

I LOVE this card, so beautiful! Love the image the colors, the embossing, I guess I just love it all!!!!!

BananaStamper said...

Hi Kristine,
Such a fun card with all those pearls and hearts and fantastic texture! Funny, I left you a couple of comments this morning, but I see they aren't showing up - I came back to check on the challenge and noticed that it isn't here. Odd. Oh well, have a great evening!
Shanna :)

Pam S. said...

Hi Kristine - I hate that my name is in "spam"! lol This is such a cool card design Kristine! love it! I don't have this Rosie but she is a charmer for sure! What a great idea to do the balcony! Just NEAT!
thanks for inspiring!
Pam Going Postal

Cami said...

Great "no DP" card, Kristine! I'd better take out my embossing folders and make better use of them. Love the way you did the "window" on this card! Well, what's not to like about all your creations! Thanks for this great idea! Cami

Cheryl said...

I love your little window card! The bright red is perfect for Heart's
Day! Beautiful!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Perfection! You don't even miss the DP!