Saturday, February 06, 2010

KLSNS16 - Paper Tole Challenge

Hello friends *Ü* I get to host the challenge this week at KL Stampin N' Scrappin! I love the look of paper tole, don't you? Have you ever tried it? If not, then here's your chance!

For my card I used this Sarah Kay stamp called "Puppy Love." You'll want to stamp the same image 2 or 3+ times and fully color one of those images for your base. Then, with your remaining image/s, you'll color and cut out just certain parts of the image and mount them on top of your base with pop dots to give it a 3D effect. Here's an upclose shot (You can click to enlarge the pic)
You can see that I pop dotted the dog, her bonnet, shoes and apron all one time, and then I did just her left arm twice. Pretty cool huh?

I also used some of that glass glitter (in gold) for the key in the doggy's mouth. Thank you to Kelly for sending me a complimentary pack of that glitter, I love it! *Ü* The paper is from the Morocain line by Basic Grey.

We'd LOVE to have you come play along!! Three players will be awarded our TOP 3 award blinky for this challenge!! Be sure to check the challenge blog on Mondays to see who won! Have a great weekend *Ü*

17 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Love your toling - it's such a fabulous technique and adds such wonderful dimension! Gorgeous job!
xXx

Natalie said...

Kristine, your card is fantastic and what a beautiful job on the coloring and all the embellishing and distressing, wow!! tfs!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Kristine, this is just GORGEOUS!! Love your coloring and the popped up details!! Amazing!! Great challenge! HUGS

Crystal said...

Adorable, Kristine ! Love the coloring !

BananaStamper said...

Hi Kristine!
Your card is so adorable and fun! I am hoping to try out this technique. I got my card for this week's challenge submitted just in time. :)
Happy Saturday!
Shanna :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful card. Love the charm and lace you added..........

Tammy
SBS4

Crystal said...

Oh my Kristine this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE these colors and all these beautiful layers!!! Stunning girl!

Jacilynn said...

This is amazing! What a fantastic card. I'm totally inspired. Love it girlie!
x

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Ohh, kristine, this is really a darling card with such a sweet image and beautiful coloring and shading. I love the way you used the gold glitter! :) Kel

Diane said...

It takes me forever to color the images once,I can't imagine 3 times! Your card is adorable Kristine!!!! Love the effect of 3 toal !!!

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely adorable, Kristine...and I love your distressing and dimension!!

Danni said...

What a gorgeous card! I just {heart} it!

Lori said...

Oh, she looks so sweet! Love this tech, but don't have as much patience and time as I would like to get it right. Fabulous!

Kristen said...

LOVE, LOVE, this card. Stunning!!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is just sweet as can be...

Risa said...

Kristine, your paper tole card is stunning! I love the dimension of your gorgeous image! You rocked the challenge!
hugs
Risa:)