Monday, February 01, 2010

Great News! I'm a M5D Girl!!

Today's a happy day as I officially start my new job as a Design Team member for McMahon Five Designs!! Sue has asked 5 talented ladies to join her very first Design Team, and I am so honored that she thought of "me" as one of those talented ladies! Thank you Sue! I'd like you to meet my teammates:

Bonnie O’Clair
Carolyn Miller
Lorelie Kim
Michelle Armijo
and can't forget our wonderful leader...

I shared a card yesterday made with one of the new Pretty Little Things stamps, which is a collection of D' Amour Allure, and today I have an easel card to share with you. This stamp is also from the Pretty Little Things collection, called A Heart Full of Sweetness. I printed the sentiment directly on my Designer paper and it says, "You're on my heart and mind often... I cherish our friendship very much!" (get it... she's sitting 'on my heart' - ha!) This is going to a dear friend of mine. I watercolored the image and added clear stardust glitter pen to the scallops around the heart and her eyes, and red stardust glitter pen to highlight her bows. Here's a close up...
The best thing about becoming a designer for McMahon Five Designs is that I get to use more products that I was already in love with!! I've been a happy customer of M5D for months now. For this card, I used some more of that fabulous wood paper behind the heart image and I cut it out with my Spellbinders Labels die. The flowers and coffee pearls are also from M5D. This store has just about everything you could want for creating beautiful cards from stamps to papers to pearls to Copics to digis to stickles... and more! A craft Haven really... go see for yourself!

Thanks for dropping by! I can't wait to show you another M5D project I have whipped up, so stay tuned later this week for that *Ü* Have a wonderful Monday!!

EDITED TO ADD:
In case you were wondering what happened with my DT at Sweet N' Sassy Stamps, that position was disolved as they decided to liquidate all their stamp inventory and go strictly Digi! This was a decision layed on Korin's heart (and her hubby's) for financial reasons and there are lots of benefits to going digi with their images. She did offer all of the DT the choice to switch to the digi team, but I had already been approached by other stamp companies, so I decided to let that go. I thank Korin very much for the short but wonderful time I had on her team. All the ladies are wonderful Christian gals, and I encourage you to go pay them a visit at the Digi Blog!!

22 comments:

Annette Bowes said...

Congratulations Kristine, looks like more fun is to be had crafting LOL! Love your sentiment and your easel card is just stunning, such wonderful detail, gorgeous flowers and beautiful lace ribbon and flowers, take careX:)

Crystal said...

Beautiful card Kristine and a HUGE CONGRATS!!! WOOHOO!

Sue @ McMahon Five Designs said...

Congrats! I'm so honored to have you on my team! You have incredible talent and creativity! And of course, such a sweet personality too! :)

Kellie Winnell said...

WHOO HOO congratulations, I am not surprised your work is amazing! WOW. I love your card and your coluring is amazing!
Hugs Kel

BananaStamper said...

She's cute Kristine! Congrats! Beautiful easel card!
Shanna :)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, this is adorable, Kris!! I just ordered a few digis from M5D this past week, too! Hope to get to play a little more this week. I need the stress relief. LOL :) Hugs, Kel

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,Congrats on getting on their design team!!!!
Such a fabulous card you've created! Have fun with all their products,you will be a great designer for this company!!!

Crafty Chris said...

stunning card and beautiful colours.
Christine x

Tammy said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! Congrats on starting as a design team member:)

Tammy
SBS4

Susie said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it. You will be such an asset to their DT. This card proves it. It's probably the most beautiful easel card I've ever seen.

Carolyn said...

This is incredibly gorgeous, Kristine! I have been following you for a some time now. I LOVE your work, and I am thrilled to be working alongside you on the M5D team. Looking forward to a fun and inspirational 3 months with you :)

Hugs,
Carolyn
M5DT

Becky said...

Hooray for you, beautiful card.

Helen said...

Congrats! Sue is so blessed to have you as part of her team! I love this card! It's so pretty! I love that image and the dp and everything!
Blessings!
~H

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Congratulations Kris!!! And of course you are a talented lady... VERY talented!!! Awesome card today, you show off!!! LOL

Hugs and high fives,
Lisa

Lorelie Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your easel card is FABULOUS!! Can I have it? LOL! Love the color combo, lace, Spellbinders...EVERYTHING!!

Kathy Winter said...

Awsome Kris!! Cograts. You definately deserve it:) Love your card, it's so pretty.

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Hi Kristine, Wow! I love how you work with these "Pretty Little Things". This card makes me feel like I've entered into a tropical oasis. It's just so gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you show us next. :) Michelle

Sassylassy said...

Your card is so beautiful! I am loving the easel style you card you created to feature your image. I can't wait to use this stamp. You've given me wonderful inspiration. Darn and I'm in the middle of playing with colors on another of McMahon images. Sigh... So many projects so little time.
Smiles Bonnie
p.s. I was peeking through your blog and I have to say your doggie cards are super duper adorable!!!!!!

Debbie Pamment said...

You go girl!!!! And WHAT and AMAZING card to start off with - no wonder they were smart enough to snap you up!!! My heartfelt congrats!
xXx

Natalie said...

Your card is so sweet, Kristine!! Congrats on your new "job" have a wonderful time designing!! God bless.

Risa said...

What a stunning card!!!! I love the rich colors and fabulous layout!
Congratulations on making the McMahon DT Kristine. You are very talented,super creative and very deserving!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Kristen said...

Wahoooo.. Congrats Kristine. No surprise though, your cards are GORGEOUS! You rock, an dthis card is no exception. Makes me go WOW! gorgeous!