Saturday, January 09, 2010

What's Pink n' Black & Cute All Over?

Why, Miss Kiki La Rue of course! And she's here to tell you all about today's Challenge at KL Stampin' N Scrappin'! Good morning friends! I'm Miss KiKi La Rue! Pardon my attire, but today's Saturday which means I get to enjoy my coffee and lounge around all day in my robe and slippers. And while Kristine is busy cleaning out the garage and doing laundry, I'll be eatin' my bonbons that Shana gave me, maybe read a good book, and of course chat with all my lovely visitors today! (She did mention we'd prolly be having visitors today, so I put on my sparkly pink earrings, just for you!)

Now that we've "met" I'd like to invite you to a fun challenge, hosted by the super talented Risa from Life's Simple Pleasures! Her challenge for ya is to use these yummy colors: Pink/Black/white (or other neutral). You can read more about the challenge and enter your lovely cards HERE.

Kristine and I love sparkly things, as you can tell! She added lots of stickles to the flowers on the background. She also used this week's sketch challenge at SCS, but instead of putting me on a square I asked her if she'd cut out an oval instead. The scallops match my trim on my robe, heehee!

Come on over and play with us!
Isn't Miss Kiki La Rue the sweetest? Love her! So... for those who joined in our sketch challenge last week, we will announce the winners this coming Monday for the big New Year's Prize Package! And as with all challenges, we will be awarding the TOP 3 players with a special blinky award for their blogs. Hope you'll come play along!!

19 comments:

Becky said...

This is so cute, love this image,

Debbie Pamment said...

Stunning use of pink and black - and your post made me laugh the way you wrote it - fabulous dahling!!! LOL
xXx

Candace said...

Oh, Kristine, this is SOOOO cute!!! She is adorable! I love all the bling!

BananaStamper said...

Kiki, you are such a darling! How nice for you that you get to lounge all day in your bathrobe ands slippers - psst, I think you should get yourself some chocolate and bonbons and enjoy a good book too!
Too cute Kristine, hoping to participate again in the challenge...we shall see how the weekend goes...
Thanks for visiting- you make me laugh!
Shanna :)

Helen said...

KiKi La Rue is one of my new favorite images! I just love her name, too! Your card is awesome! I love the colors and the sparkle!
Blessings!
~H

Crystal said...

AWWW Kristine this is sooo sweet, great colors and DARLING image!

Kristen said...

Kristine,
This is a super cute card and I love your image. Great job with the challenge.

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness!! She is so darned cute, and I love the pink/black combo!! AWESOME card, Kristine!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

So cute, so pink and SOooo clever of you to narrate it by Miss Kiki herself. HAA At 2 a.m., I was lucky to get mine posted let alone be clever. LOL Hugs, Kel

Jacilynn said...

This is cute all over! Love pink and black combo. Great card Kristine.
x

Lori said...

Very cute, what a personality! Miss KiKi La Rue is adorable, even though she has no mouth... Your back ground is fantastic!!! Hugs, Lori

Sparkle said...

Kiki is just too cute! Love the pink and black.

BananaStamper said...

Enjoy those bonbons, tee hee hee!
Shanna :)

Diane said...

Hey Kiki,I think you should go and help Kristine in the garage so she can hang out with you in her robe too!! LOL!!! Cute intro Kristine!
I LOVE the card,she is so stinkin' cute and adorable!!!

Kim said...

This is just darling!! Adore the color combo and the coloring is amazing!

Rose Ann said...

This is too cute, Kristine...and I love the pink and black!!

Risa said...

Kristen, your card is stunning!!! Kiki is beautiful and your coloring and detailing are fabulous!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Kiki, you tell Kristine that she's lucky to have a friend like you to pinch hit for her while she's cleaning the garage. And those earrings look mahvelous with your rollers! And you can hardly tell that your just had your color tweaked... it looks so natural... woops, maybe you don't want anyone except your hairdresser to know! (wink, wink)

Mwah!
Lisa

kat9 said...

Hi Kristine,

Sorry I didn't get here sooner. This is so cute. I love this stamp an it is sweet in pink and black. I love your stitching. I will have to do that sometime.

Kathy