Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vintage Digi - Playing Phone

Hello *Ü* It's time for a new card challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! Our hostess is Peggysue who shared with us this verse:

1 Peter 1:23 (NIV) "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

Peggysue has shared her thoughts on this verse at SSCC, so grab a cup of joe and head on over!

For this challenge, since most seeds come up as tiny green shoots, use the color green somewhere in your creation, not all over green, just a touch somewhere.


I recently discovered some great new digis over at McMahon Five Designs! These are vintage images that have been re-illustrated for better "digital stamping" quality. This one is called "Playing Phone" and is only $2.00 (USD)! These take me back to when I was a child. I still have my baby book and a few cards that were given to my mother when I was born, and they resemble this image I've used on my card. There's just something special--and charming about the "olden" illustrations. I watercolored this image and used paper from the Sugar Rush collection, from KL Stampin N' Scrappin.
Our sponsor this week is Incy Wincy Designs, who is donating 6 digital stamps to one radom player!! You will have until Saturday, 30th to enter. Check out what my Design Sisters have created with this week's challenge!

18 comments:

Susie said...

What a sweet, sweet card. I will try the digi site. Your coloring is awesome.

Lorie said...

Kristine, this is so very sweet! What a great find in these digi images, and they bring me back, too! Your coloring is beautiful!!!

Love and hugs,
Lorie

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE your vintage design absolutely ADORABLE Kristine!

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, Kristine, she is sooo sweet! Love your coloring and touch of green.

Debbie Pamment said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! I remember when phones where big and clunky and ATTACHED to a big box - LOL. Every kid had either an old broken one or a toy one - now they all have mobiles(cells) and we never know who they're talking too. Your colours and layout - FABULOUS!
xXx

BananaStamper said...

Kristine, this is a fantastic card! You have colored this so perfectly - it looks like it is straight from a vintage greeting card - Wow! Just fabulous! Hope you had a lovely Sunday!
Shanna :)

Diane said...

Oh my goodness Kristine!!! That is so lovable!!! Your coloring gets better every card you make...is that possible!!! Cause boy oh boy your coloring is beautiful!

peggysue said...

Your watercoloring is wonderful, I think I'll have to put down my brush. Such a cute image, reminds me of when I was small as well. Great card for the challenge. And you listened! Unlike me . . .just a touch of green. :)

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Aww, this is precious!! Love the image and the coloring! so sweet
Hugs, Kelly :)

Helen said...

I love it!!! That image is too cute and I love how you colored her! Your dp is so fun! i love the gingham flower, too!
Blessings!
~H

Kathy Winter said...

Beautiful card Kris. Bright and cheery.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

Randi said...

I am picking up my jaw from the floor!! You rock. I need to take lessons and this image from NcMahon 5 is just the sweetest thing. It reminds me of my childhood....good to know that I am entering my "vintage age". hehehe

Davi said...

I love love this wonderful image, how you colored it and the colors you combined!! I looks so much like a wonderful little vintage card!

Davi said...

I love love this wonderful image, how you colored it and the colors you combined!! I looks so much like a wonderful little vintage card!

Rose Ann said...

What an adorable retro-looking Valentine!! Your coloring looks wonderful as always!!

Pam S. said...

oh Kristine! I LOVE this! headed right over to take a look! I've been looking for vintage images to color! OH YAY! you made my day! Awesome coloring by the way! hehe
Pam Going Postal

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your water coloring on this sweet image is spectacular!!! It looks like a print! I loved this the moment I saw it... too sweet!