Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sweet n' Sassy Release Day!

Good Morning!! Today's the 7th and that means it's release day at Sweet N' Sassy Stamps! Today, SNSS is releasing SIX NEW stamp sets!! You've already seen a couple sneak peeks from me earlier this week; My "vintage" Melody of Love card and Love You This Much Note Card Set, and my card for today also uses my favorite, Melody of Love set, designed by the talented Rachel Zimmerman. For a limited time, you can purchase all the new releases for only .... $40! That's a great deal! Look what all you will get!

For some really fabulous and inspiring samples of these new releases, please head on over to the SNS Blog. You can also see more by visiting all of our DT members (links in my sidebar-->) *Ü*

For my card, I used the new set called Melody of Love. It comes with this big stamp, along with 3 scripture stamps and 3 sentiments. My card started taking off in a completely different direction and it's what I get for taking artistic advice from my hubby! He bought me a bird calendar which featured this Western Tanager that I thought was beautiful, and "HE" challenged me to use it as my inspiration.

Hmmmm, okay! So how did the magenta get worked into my card??? I played with grey and light blue shading but nooooooo! Hubby told me they would clash with the leaves and that I should do the magenta color... and I actually listened to him!! Okay, so now you know. I may have colored this image but it's all my hubby's style (He actualy loves the way this came out! Now you know why I don't let him buy me clothes! LOL!) Although this card is starting to grow on me I know it's really kinda *shocking* and totally not "me." That's okay... it's good to go outside the norm once and a while huh? Anyway, please go see my DT sisters' cards as their creativity and coloring will knock your socks off!! *Ü*

OH! Almost forgot! Today is also Free Digi Day at SNR! Join the Sweet N' Sassy challenge and instantly win free digis! We're also releasing new digis in the store today that are available for purchase. Go HERE to check those out.

13 comments:

Becky said...

This is just stunning, the coloring is fabulous.

Debbie Pamment said...

The whole look is STRIKING - love it!!! Such an amazing colour combo and layout - you've outdone yourself......again!!!!
xXx

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Kristine! It may be out of your "normal" color scheme, but it definitely pops and I just love it :o) Have a great day!

Chrissy D said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love these bold colors and your different take on the birds!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Kristine I love your card hun, very very pretty, and love the coloring too:) Hope you have a nice day!
Hugs
Cheryl

MiamiKel said...

This is visually breathtaking! Such rich, vibrant colors! What a wonderful card and love the description you've given to your card (perfect match to the Tanager!) Wonderful job :)

Julia Aston said...

wow - what wonderful coloring on your image! beautiful card!!

Sandy said...

Wow, look how vibrant and pretty this is! I love it! It just POPS!

Davi said...

I like the contrast in colors very pretty. Your coloring on the fiddle is fabulous. Beautiful!!

Kim said...

Oh my, your card is beautiful and the coloring oustanding!

Shawne said...

Gorgeous coloring, wow, so vibrant, the birds are amazing!

Lorie said...

I LOVE how you colored the birds! An absolutely stunning card!! Beautiful work here, my friend!!

Love ya,
Lorie

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I think this is wonderful, Kris... the coloring is AMAZING. I LOVE the birds. How smart to find a picture to follow. Why don't I ever think of those things?

Love and hugs, my friend. Now I must go to bed. Tomorrow it's back to work...

Lisa