Sunday, January 31, 2010

SSCC #24 Matthew 18:4

"Sittin' and Thinkin' of You"
It's time for another Sunday card challenge over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges today! Our hostess this week is Helen Phelps who has chosen this verse to share:
Matthew 18:4 "Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

And her challenge for us is to make a card with an image of a child or childlike things on it (such as a card with toys or a saying about children), but not a baby card! I encourage you to come over to the challenge blog and read all about it and see our Design Team's creations!

I used this cute little girl stamp called Melissa, which is from the Pretty Little Things collection by Jessica Grundy (only available at McMahon Five Designs.) I used Copics to color her, and watercolored the background, light Amethyst. The wood paper behind the circle is called Teak wood (also available at McMahon Five Designs). Those who know me know that I am in love with this wood paper! And the sketch I used is from this week's KLSNS Challenge (it ends next Saturday night so come on over and try it! There's prizes this week!)

Our sponsor this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is the awesome Mo's Digital Pencil, who is offering our winner 3 digis of their choice! So come on over and play along. We will also have a very special Guest Designer this Thursday at SSCC, so I hope you'll drop in this week! *Ü*

11 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Kristine! You did an awesome job coloring her! I love your card! Have a great week!

Lori said...

Beautiful coloring, Kristine! She looks so sweet and humble. I love to see your SSCC cards every Sunday.

Randi said...

Kristine, she is too cute for words!! Love the wood paper as you know.The periwinkle color makes everything pop. Great coloring that ties the BG with the FGround. Have a great week.

Kathy Winter said...

Real cute sis. I love it:) The colors are beautiful and the dp is awsome. Love that wood paper!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Absolutely adorable Kris! Your colors are so springy, and that wood mat is a very cool touch. I Love it!

Hugs,
Lisa

Becky said...

Awesome card, wonderful colors and texture.

Diane said...

Oh Kristine,she is soooo cute!!!
Such a sweet image and of course,
like always,it's a beauty!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine.

Hugs Riet.xx

peggysue said...

True, I seem to recall seeing that wood paper somewhere before . . .hmmm, give me a moment and it'll come to me. :) Very pretty card. I wouldn't have thought of using the wood grain with a girl image but it looks fabulous.

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW - what a cute image made even more special with the "KB" treatment - gorgeous!
xXx

Helen said...

I love those little freckles on this little girl! Your dp is so cute! I love your card! Have a wonderful week!
Blessings!
~H