Sunday, January 10, 2010

SSCC #21 Broken, But Pieced Together

Good morning my stamping friends *Ü* It's time for another Sunday Challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! Our hostess for this week is the super talented Pamela of Pamela's World of Scrap. Pamela is a wonderful scrapbooker and even hosts a scrappy challenge on her blog, so if you dabble in that, please go pay her a visit! You'll be glad you did! Pamela chose this verse to share today:

Hosea 6:1 "Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

You may be thinking some of these verses we pick sound strange or you might question why someone would choose that to inspire a challenge? I urge you to click through to our SSCC Blog to read further about the verse that our hostess chooses as most of the time there she has shared her thoughts and insight on it.

CHALLENGE:
The challenge is to make the broken look beautiful...create a mosiac, or tear apart and stitch back together. In some way have your image look broken.

Ok, so I cheated a little and made my background look beautiful by piecing it together instead of my main image, but I was determined to use this digi by Designed2Delight, who's having a challenge of her own and I wanted to get in on it. If I pieced the image you wouldn't be able to read the words which would defeat the purpose of using that particular one. Soo... LOL! (did you get all that?) I think it still counts.

I thought about this verse before I created my card. God does allow us to go through trials for various reasons, but always mends us when we're broken. It reminds me of the Footprints poem which I recited to my girls this week. A friend of mine gave them each a silver bracelet with the words inscribed "When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." She asked them if they knew what it meant and they said no, so it gave us the perfect opportunity to share with them the story and share some insight into the meaning of their bracelet. It was neat to see the lightbulb go on and with a smile hear them say, "Ooooooh! That's cool!"

Hop on over to the challenge blog this week to see the Design Team's awesome creations and join in the challenge! You will have until Saturday night, 16th to enter! Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, who is donating this cute SSS Exclusive stamp set to one lucky player!!

THANK YOU Heidi, Stephanie and everyone at Simon Says Stamp!! *Ü*

17 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Kristine,Beautiful card love what you did with the broken parts and the image is gorgeous:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Becky said...

lovely card.

Stampin Mindy said...

What an adorable stamp set. I love your card, the papers and your coloring is amazing. Gorgeous!

Danni said...

Beautiful card..just beautiful!

Debbie Pamment said...

How clever to tear the paper up and put it back together as something beautiful!!!! And your image is super tweet!
xXx

Rebecca said...

Beautiful Card! The cute little bird and cage are so cute and I see those images are starting to get popular right now! I loved the challenge this morning!Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

This is beautiful!! I love the pieced together mosaic bg, and the Love is kind poem is perfect for both the SSC challenge and the fact Heidi is donating that "Lovely" stamp set. Way to piece them all together! Hugs, Kel

Rose Ann said...

Your background turned out so pretty with that paper...and I love that sweet image! Beautiful card, Kristine!!

Helen said...

I love your birdcage dp and that image is super cute! I love the torn paper dp, also. Very pretty card!
Blessings!
~H

Carla aka scrappypug said...

what a beautiful card!

Randi said...

Another new look for the blog. CUTE! Your picture makes you look so young... but then compared to me you are!!!!
Your card is just perfect for the challenge!! Don't you love how we all came up with something different. Have a great week.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Cute as can be, and I think paper patching counts! Nice story, too. (*smile*)

Risa said...

Good Morning Kristine,
Your card is beautiful!! I LOVE your mosaic design, you are so creative! Very pretty image and detailing as well!
hugs
Risa:)

Becky said...

Wonderful job on this challenge.

*Vicki* said...

Hi Kristine!! This is just gorgeous hun!! I love it! !HUGS

Faith S. said...

Gorgeous card!! I LOVE, LOVE your coloring of the image, and all the torn paper. What a cool texture! And it adds so much interest! That's such a sweet story you shared too. :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Kristine,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x