Sunday, January 03, 2010

SSCC #20 - 2 Corinthians 5:17

Good morning!! It's Sunday... and that means we have a new Scripture challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges! We'd love to have you play along this week as we're creating cards/projects for either a new baby or a new Christian. I chose to create a card for each.

Our hostess this week is the very talented and sweet, Laurie of Ministering Hands... Loving Hearts and the scripture she chose to share is

2 Cor 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

Our sponsor is Sew Many Cards, who is donating any 5 digis of winner's choice!! Have you seen these digis yet? There are over 560 digis and they are super duper cute!! Also, I just want to take a minute and thank Angela who very generously gave our Design Team some images to use for this challenge--so THANK YOU Angela!!

My First card: I used this image Zee on the Moon

I went with baby boy colors since I am in the process of crocheting this baby blanket. Now I'll have a card to go with it! For my second card: I used Butterfly Collector, from Layers of Color
The butterfly is a well-known Christian symbol that represents new life in Christ. So it was perfect on a card for a new Christian. I created a little SURPRISE on the inside as well! A plethora of butterflies!

I stamped some of the butterflies from the Butterfly Collector set, and punched the rest with a Martha Stewart punch. Then glue dotted them to my spiral. I will be doing a tutorial on this very soon. It's really pretty simple and most of you can figure it out by my pictures here. Here is the inside of card when it's fully opened. (*Note to self: Write on the journaling/sentiment piece before taping it down as it might be tricky now to write with the spiral butterflies in the way!)
Now you'll want to hop on over to the challenge blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created this week, and enter your own creation! You'll have until midnight on Saturday to enter and be eligible to win 5 free digis from Sew Many Cards!!

23 comments:

Candace said...

Kristine, both cards are AWESOME!! I love the shaped one, and the butterfly one...wow! I would like to learn how you did the shaped circle card. On your butterfly card, I saw those fleur de lis nesties and almost both them. I love the way you used it! Around here, people want anything with a fleur de lis on it (New Orleans Saints logo). Beautiful job on both!! Have a great week! :)

Linda B said...

What beautiful projects! I love your blog design btw:D

Randi said...

Kristine, I love both cards. Your first one inspired me to persevere with the digis. And the second one is perfect. I love Layers of Colors butterflies. On my digi learning list. Have a great week.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word!!! This is just as sweet as sweet can BE!!!! I love the images and your stunning details are so amazing!!! WOW!

Crystal said...

WOW Kristine these are FABULOUS!!! What awesome and creative projects!!!! Have a great weekend!

BananaStamper said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the spiral with the butterflies, just gorgeous Kristine!
Also, I am so excited I was able to make a card for the LSNS Challenge and already got it posted! yeah for holidays! Back to work tomrrow...

Happy Sunday,
Shanna :)

Becky said...

These are just stunning.

Lori said...

This little boy card and blanket are so sweet. Yes, the butterfly is a wonderful symbol and your assorted surprise is perfect!

Kim said...

Wow!! These are simply amazing cards! Totally love them both!!

Marcia said...

Both of these cards are stunning Kris, just beautiful.

:) Marcia

Diane said...

Oh my goodness Kristine,these are stunning!!! The butterfly spiral card is absolutely beyond gorgeous,you know what butterflies to me!!!! I am in awwwww!!!! with this card,I had to show my DH,and he loves it too!!! You are amazing at what you do girl!!!

Sparkle said...

These are darling!

Debbie Pamment said...

AMAZING work - and soooo different - WOW!!!
Once again am playing catch up - am off to see what else you've been up too - LOL
xXx

Helen said...

Your Welcome Baby card is adorable! I love that image, too!
Your butterfly card completely blew me away! I think it's the most fabulous card you've ever created. It's just gorgeous beyond anything I've ever seen!
Blessings!
~H

Jacilynn said...

Amazing! I love both of these. Such a great card.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Certainly a PLETHORA of lovely artwork here, Kris. You really shine, dear girl!!!

Abra Leah Cross said...

That is amazing! What a fantastic idea!!!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

STUNNING!
ESP. love the sentiment in the baby card! Wonderful job!

Sew Many Cards said...

Thank you for doing something so special with the image you chose. Your card is darling and the embellishments are so great!
Thanks again for letting me share Sew Many Cards with you

Angela

Davi said...

Both cards are fabulous!! Love the wonderful colors. I too am working on a quilt that I coordinated my card to go with.

Pamela said...

These are both awesome! I love them! :)

peggysue said...

Where was I? I thought I left a comment earlier this week but I must have lost it in cyberspace. This is very pretty, the butterfly card is just fabulous!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Wow the springy pop up in the butterfly card is lovely, and the baby blanket and matching baby card are definitely things that would have made me cry as a gift (when I was preggo). Such a SWEET gift, and the receiver will surely think of you every time they use it. You are such a sweet, thoughtful, dear friend! Hugs, Kelly