Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spiral Pop Up Tutorial

Good morning *Ü* As you can see I've been a very BUSY girl! I've made 2 tutorials this week and posted to 3 different blogs yesterday, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. One of those postings was at KLSNS. Every Wednesday we have what's called "Stampin N Scrappin With..." {insert DT name here}, where a different DT member will share a tutorial of some sort, and yesterday was my turn. So now I'm going to share it with you here. It's called a Spiral Pop Up card!
(here's the inside!)
You may remember my butterfly spiral pop up that I did a couple weeks ago. These are so easy that you prolly don't even need a tutorial, but if you're like me, I learn best by either pictures, video or watching somone in real life, so here it is!

1) The first step is optional... add DP to the inside of your card:

2) Cut a circle, can be any size, but not too small out of cardstock that matches your background color. I've used dark pink here.

3) With scissors, start cutting your circle into a spiral shape, making sure you keep the size consistent.

4) Roll up a glue dot (or half of one) and put on the under side of the end of your spiral as shown.

5) Place your spiral on bottom half of your card, closer to the outer edge. Add another glue dot to the top center section of your spiral. Close your card and press down.

6) Open up card and see your spiral base.

7) Punch out whatever shapes you want to add. I used my heart punches, but you could also use butterflies, balloons, stars, flowers or whatever.

8) Again, roll little glue dots up and stick the glue along various spots on your spiral. Then attach your shapes and... Wha La!!
Wasn't that easy?
So, for my card deets, I used this week's KLSNS Color Challenge, PINK/BLACK/NEUTRAL- it goes through tomorrow night (Friday at midnight!) and we'd love to have you enter! I chose this Bittersweet paper (Basic Grey) because it has those colors it in. And the stamp is called "Love Bandit" and is by High Hopes. Kelly just added lots of new HH stamps to the store yesterday so head on over and check em out!
Thanks for dropping by!!

NEW HIGH HOPES STAMPS COMING TO KL SNS:
upload pictures

14 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

so very fun...will have to give this a try! Great card!

*Vicki* said...

Oh Kristine, this is just so totally adorable!! I love it!! HUGS

Stampin Mindy said...

Great tutorial! Very cute card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Crystal said...

Super cute Kristine...wow what a fab idea and one great tutorial!!!!! Beautiful VALENTINE love this!

Risa said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing tutorial Kristine! You are super talented girl!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh what fun, FABULOUS job.

Diane said...

Woohoo!!! I was going to ask you how you did the spiral,now I can do this! Your card is beautiful and THANK YOU SO MUCH for the beautiful card I got in the mail today! It means so much!!!!

I'm def going to do a pop up this weekend!! Love ya Kristine!!

Donna said...

what a super fun card! that little raccoon cracks me up!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

fabulous card.. just love it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so creative and beautiful Kristine!! I am definitely going to make one of these. Thanks for the tutorial. Your cover with the raccoon is too cute. Fab design!!

hugs,
Chris

You always do such a super job on your creations. What an inspiration you are my friend!

Rose Ann said...

Super cute spiral pop-up card, Kristine!! Wonderful tutorial too!!

Jessica G. said...

I have to find time to browse blogs again because I can't believe I missed this awesome card and tutorial! Wonderful technique; thanks for all the step-by-step photos.

And great blog makeover, too!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Very cool! I'll put this on my list of things to try. Boy, that list is getting long!