Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reverse Tent Topper Tutorial

I recently got my SOTM from Paper Pretties called Bubbletime Sophia and so did my sister Kathy, so we challenged each other to ink her up and post today! Here's what I made... a "Reverse Tent Topper" card!



It's Your Day, Spoil Yourself Silly!
I saw this card of Charmaine's in the Paper Pretties Gallery but couldn't find any tutorials for this reverse tent topper using the Nesties. So, I thought I'd make up my own and show you how I did it.

Instead of the tent "Topper" being attached to the front panel, I cut half the scallop out of the front base of card and so when open, it flips up. The scallop piece is actually part of the inside of card! There may be a much easier way to do this, but I tend to make everything harder than it has to be (I'm not too clever! *wink*). But here's a picture tutorial of how I did it:

1) Start with a folded card base2) Open it back up. Then, I'm going against the grain on your "normal" sandwich with the plates on this next part, but there's a good reason--you have to be able to SEE where you're putting the die w/o taping it to your c.s.!

3) Layer according to my "recipe" on this next picture, making sure you put the mat up to the fold line, and the mat should be on the half closest to YOU. 4) Run your layers through HALF-WAY until you feel the mat. It will all of a sudden get very hard to keep turning the handle. STOP! 5) Unwind and pull out your cardstock. You'll see that it cut only half your card! 6) Fold in half and your scallop will "pop up" giving you the "Tent Topper". Decorate as desired.

Here's a photo of the inside of my card. I added Crystal effects to the "bubbles" to make them wet, and of course lots of BUBBLES (dew drops)!! Thanks for stopping by! There's a neat sketch challenge going on right now at Paper Pretties if you care to join in! Kathy used the sketch for her card, you can see it HERE.

OH WAIT!! I'll be back later today when I pick a winner from the "Into the New Year with a New Release BLOG HOP" from La-La Land!! Make sure and stop by to see if you WON!

Then tomorrow, I'll share my La-La card for our Weekly Wednesday Challenge (it's a super fun one and I'm so excited to share what I made for it!). Tomorrow's also my turn to share a tutorial at KLSNS for our weekly Stampin N' Scrapping With.... (KRISTINE!) - it'll be a different tutorial than todays and I really think you're gonna like it!!

xXx Kristine







23 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

What a cute image - what I wouldn't give to be soaking in a luxurious bubble bath atm! Love the tutorial too - I certainly need the pics so many thanx
xXx

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Kristine,Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing with the tutorial:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! What a fabulous card! Love your genius design too! Thank you so much for the outstanding tutorial! Can't wait to give it a try! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Linda B said...

Very cute! TFS:D

Crystal said...

Fabulous Tutorial Kristine Thanks....Your card is BEAUTIFUL!

Helen said...

Thank you for the tutorial! That's an awesome card! I love that image and all the dew drops! Can't wait to see what Kathy created!
Have a wonderful day!
Blessings!
~H

Becky said...

This is so adorable, and thanks for the great tutorial.

Kathy Winter said...

very awsome Kris. I'm going to try this soon. Luv ya!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute card! Thanks for the tutorial. Just darling!

Rose Ann said...

What a fun, cute card, Kristine!! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial too!!

Danni said...

Oh I like this!! How clever! thanks for the tutorial!
Fabulous card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Kristine,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Julie Masse said...

What a cool card Kristine!! Beautifully done - and a great tutorial!! :)

Crystal said...

Beautiful card , Kristine ! Thanks so much for sharing that good tip. You have been busy... my head is spinning just scrolling through your blog !

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Kristine!! I love your new profile picture!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I am so glad you like the necklace. You are a special person and I cherish our friendship!!

Life has been so busy...I was hoping it would slow down after the holidays but it hasn't yet. LOL! Been thinking about you...

This card is too cute! Your tutorial is awesome!! I will have to give that a go!! So many awesome details on your card!! Sweet image!

hugs,
Chris

Chrissy D said...

Adorable card! Love the bubbles!

Shawne said...

Oh how fun, how perfect are those dew drop, very cute!!!

Christie Ortman said...

Very Cute Kristine! I LOVE how you made the little feet on the tub!!

Diane said...

Neato!!!! What a relaxing image!
Love it K!!!!

Jana Weaver said...

beautiful card and great tutorial...now I wanna try one!!

Risa said...

I'm picking my jaw off the floor right now Kristine, because your card is fabulous! I LOVE the results of the reverse tent topper and your tutorial is awesome! TFS!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- I wondered how they did that! You are certainly on a creative roll, my friend!!

Fun card with all those bubbles! Thanks for the great tutorial!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Another wonderful tutorial! I wonder if I can do that with my Wizard. I'll have to test it and see.

Cute stamp.